vstrick

Fuji X-T3 firmware resetting camera settings?

I just wanted to see if this is happening to other X-T3 owners.  I've updated the firmware on my X-T3 from 1.0 -> 1.01 and now to 1.02.

Each firmware update has reset all settings back to factory default.  That is, the "MY" menu settings get wiped, sound setup reset, screen setup reset, button/dial settings reset, ISO Auto Settings reset, AF-C Custom Settings reset, etc...  BASICALLY a lot of work to redo stuff for each firmware update.

My X-T2 used to have this in the beginning and then Fuji figured out how to preserve settings between firmware revisions.

I just wanted to see if others are seeing the same X-T3 behavior before I try to get a bug report open.

Called Fuji Tech Support and they hadn't heard of this happening (losing settings on firmware upgrade) on the X-T3.  They did tell me about using FujiFilm X Acquire to backup my X-T3's camera settings and that way if they get zapped it can also restore them post-upgrade.   That's useful as I didn't know that functionality was there.

I own two X-T3 cameras and while upgrading to firmware 1.02 one of them also had its settings reset. The other one kept all settings just fine. I don’t know exactly what happened but I’ve since gotten in the habit of backing up the settings using Fuji X Acquire

My two were exactly the same, luckily I only did one to start with & realised all my settings had reset so was able to get the settings from the one not updated.

I up dated through the app, not sure if that would make a difference, this never happened on my Canon's when up dating, hopefully someone from Fuji can answer this?

Edited by tim14alex

My X-T3 resets whenever I update the body firmware. I now back up via Fuji Acquire. Whilst backup is an answer, it is a niggle that this happens: none of my other Fuji cameras (past and present) had / have this "feature".