X-T2 Firmware Update ver.4.30

thom62

New to Fuji X, recently acquired a new X-T2 body and the build date is 3rd Quarter, 2018. The currently installed firmware as purchased is 3.0. I'm aware of the firmware update "issues and corrections" dating back to this past May.   

I have NOT heard any feedback from X-T2 users about the 4.30 firmware upgrade or seen any YouTube reviews more recent than June/July related to the 4.20 "Fix". I'm reluctant to jump in and update to 4.30 without hearing feedback first. This link should open up to the 4.30 firmware on the Fujifilm website.  http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt2/

THX in advance

17 hours ago, George_P said:

X-T2 / 4.30 - I have absolutely no problems, recommended. No feedback - I would say everybody is happy with it, otherwise there would be plenty od feedback for sure.

Thanks, George, and Merlin again for the feedback. So I've gone ahead and installed the Ver.4.30 firmware without a hitch. 

Seems most of the update has improved VIDEO capability, which I have no interest in at all.  If anyone can provide details and real-world uses on what Fuji enhanced within photography since the 3.0 version that would be wonderful. I'm up to speed on the focus stacking capabilities, custom settings to change exposure display size in the EVG & monitor, and improvements within the AF tracking/speed/accuracy.   

I'm still just a week into this X-T2 and recovering from pneumonia so my break-in has been limited to in-house and being driven to/from the doctors. Will be venturing into Manhattan this weekend to meet up with other "X" shooters to photograph in the lower east side, Chinatown, Bowery etc so will be my first genuine test with my new gear.

Edited by thom62