Unable to claim cashback for X-T3

HeatherJ

Hi there

Anyone able to help me on this, PLEEEEASE.

Fresh from having gotten rid of my (not-workiing) Leicagear and opting to go 100% for Fujifilm mirrorless, I traded in my gear with Ffordes in Scotland, for an X-T3 c/w 18-55mm lens. I registered it - as I had some years ago registered my X100T - on Fujiconnect.

I live in Ireland (and my bank etc are Irish), but I liked Ffordes in Scotland, UK, and that's where I traded my old Leica/lens and got the X-T3 in exchange.

Now that the 30 days are up (I bought the X-T3 with a receipt date of 5th October), I decided to claim the £100 cashback. Logged in to Fujiconnect, and navigated to claim promotion, and encountered the following problems:

1. The dropdown box "Series 1" will do nothing, seems inactive.

2. Ditto the box "Product 1".

3. Ditto the date; it won't allow me to select a date from the calendar and it won't let me insert a date without using the calendar.

4. My registered address is in Ireland. When I try to find the dealer (Ffordes), all I get is a listing of IRISH Fuji dealers. Even if I go to the top RH corner and select "United Kingdom instead of "Ireland", I still get the Irish dealers list.

5. I cannot find ANY place w.here I can email for assistance.  I've sent an email to Ffordes, but haven't received a reply yet. But the problem is more to do with Fuji and their site rather than with Ffordes, so it's Fuji I need assistance from!

I love the X-T3, and am in the process of trading in my main camera for the last N years - a Canon 5DMkII plus set of lenses, this time with an Irish dealer; and I'm hoping to exchange them for two XF lenses, one with €300 and the other with €100 cashback. But I can only afford this deal IF I'm sure I'm going to be able to navigate the Fujifilm promotions cashback page and get that €400. And the £100 cashback from the purchase of the X-T3 from Scotland would help a lot too.

Sorry for the long post - my first to this forum. I really HOPE someone might have some advice - or an email address for help from Fujifilm!  Thank you in advance

Heather

I've had similar problems in the past with Fuji's promotions claim site. The process seems to be run by some outside organisation, but when I had problems they responded well to my email and let me simply email them the relevant forms and info. There is an email address in the Terms and Conditions for the current (Winter 2018) promotion, as follows. Don't worry if you haven't managed to get the Claim ID etc: just email them and tell them the problem. I hope this helps. Good luck!

16.    Email address for correspondence is fujifilm@promotion-support.com; please provide your unique Claim ID supplied during the claim process with any correspondence. Further details can be found on Support page.

dfaye, thank you very much indeed for your reply, reassurance, and especially the address. I really appreciate it.

I did yesterday find a "help" address for Fujifilm, and I mailed them. They replied to me yesterday but seemed unable to understand what the problem was. They seemed to think the whole issue was that only today it becomes 30 days after purchase, whereas actually the 30 days should have been the 4th Nov. And they didn't 'get' the issue of not being able to select the dealer in Scotland.

So I'll email the address you gave me now, and see what happens. If I may, I'll report back (hopefully to thank you very sincerely for a successful outcome!).

Thanks again

Heather

Hi Heather, it's really frustrating, isn't it? I think the problem with Fujifilm themselves is that they've offloaded the whole process to this outside company, so don't really understand (care?) about the glitches. Do please report back, because your experience will be helpful to lots of us. Once again, Good Luck!

Thanks very much dfaye. Yeah, it sure is frustrating!  I'm now in the process of emailing that address you gave me, explaining (again!) the problem, and attaching:

- pdf file w screenshot of the claims page showing that the dealers given are all Irish (while I need Ffordes in Scotland)

- file showing receipt of 5th Oct

- file showing image of s/number,

and appealing to them to help. I hope they will.

Thing is, I'm also in the process of trading in my Canon gear, with an Irish dealer (which I hope may be easier), for two XF lenses. There's a total of €450 cashback involved there, which to me is a load of money, and I can only really proceed if I know I'll get the cash back. If I don't succeed, I'll just have to write a post recommending people not to buy Fuji equipment based on cashback offers, as I've alreayd spent two days on this.

I really do appreciate your help, dfaye. And yes: I sure will report back - I HOPE with a success story. Thanks again.

I can't see any reason why you shouldn't get the cashback on either of your transactions: you've done all that's required. It's just a matter of getting round the deficiencies in the system. I reckon you should get a reply to your email within a day or two. Fingers crossed for you - and looking forward to hearing a positive result!

Hi again. I said I would let you know how things went with the cashback issue.

On 8th November, I received an email from the "Fujifilm X World Team" (the only people who responded to any emails I was able to send to Fuji), and they wrote as follows:

Thank you for contacting Fujifilm UK.  Under the terms and conditions of the promotion, you have to be a UK resident if you purchase from the UK to be able to claim for the trade in bonus/cashback.  We are currently investigating to see if there is anything we can do to help you. Please bear with us and we will contact you once we have an answer.  Kind regards The Fujifilm X World Team

I bought the camera/lens from Ffordes in Scotland (part of UK). Their website offer ran as follows: Purchase this new Fujifilm X-T3 Body Only and claim £100 Part Exchange Bonus. Valid from 1st October 2018 to 31st March 2019 via https://fujifilm-promotions.com/gb/en/pages/promotion

The Terms and Conditions state: " Purchases must be made from a qualifying retailer [Ffordes is a qualifying retailer]... The promotion is open to residents of mainland UK and ROI only"

I am a resident of the ROI (Republic of Ireland (in passing, I find myself wondering why Fujifilm restricts the offer to "mainland UK and ROI", thus shutting out Northern Ireland, which is an integral part of the UK, but that's just a political 'wonder' on my part).  I've therefore emailed back to Messrs Fujifilm X World Team, stating my case and requesting that they honour their cashback offer - an offer whose validity to me I had queried with Ffordes during the transaction, and Ffordes' said I could indeed claim the £100, via the Fujifilm Promotions company.

I was unable to reply to Messrs Fujifilm X World Team before today, as they mailed me on the 8th and I was getting married on the 9th.

Anyway, that's the story to date. I'm anxious and indeed determined to get a resolution to this, and as promised before I'll update on what transpires. I LOVE the X-T3 and Fujifilm lenses, but this just starts me out on the Fujifilm photography career with a bad taste in the mouth...

Heather

How ridiculous! You have indeed done everything according to the rulesand they are bound by law (Trade Descriptions) to honour the terms of their advertisements. I could go on at length (but won't) about Fuji's ill-thought-out claims process. (And yes - bad new for those in Northern Ireland!) I do hope you get this sorted soon. Please continue the updates - and congratulations on your marriage!

Ah, thank you for that. Mmm, I would have liked to have spent my first few days of married life NOT emailing all sorts of Fujifilm support, help, promotion, and info addresses.  And I DID hope that with everything I sent to them yesterday (including a new attempt just before midnight; a Dublin-based camera shop with nothing at all to do with the camera claim very kindly gave me yet another website to try, although I did have to select an Irish dealer at random but then emailed the Fujifilm X World Team to tell them as requested)...but no:  so far, no claim number. And without a claim number Messrs Fujifilm X World Team tell me that (for some reason best known to themselves, since they seem to agree that I'm owed this cashback) they cannot ask the Promotions company to alter the dealer to the correct one.  So now it seems that I'm in a classic Catch 22 situation.

Anyway, I appreciate your sympathy; it means a lot to me. And tomorrow morning off we shall go for a week of honeymoon and return to take up the cudgels  with Fujifilm again. It's not that it's that much money (though on a pension, £100 means something to me); it's the principle of the d--n thing.

Thanks again and yes: I'll happily update you if and when there is any progress. On my return, if there's no progress, I intend to write to the Marketing Director of Fujifilm UK, spelling the whole thing out and asking him/her to (a) get me my money and (b) sort the process out so that their promotion offers can be honoured.

Heather

Hi all,

I have had a similar problem with the Fujifilm winter 2018 promotion.I am trying to claim the cashback for the 55-200 and 10-24 zoom lenses. £220 I believe. I get the acknowledgement from the Fuji server that my claim will be considered, but no reference number or tracking email. When I email fujifilm@promotion-support.com I get no reply other than the initial "we will reply" standards response. It is now seven days later and I have asked Cameraworld (my vendor) to take up the issue. I will also be talking to trading standards. I also live in the UK, in Southern Scotland. Perhaps these people think its not the Uk?! Based on my experience I would advise potential Fuji purchasers to ignore the cash back promise and assume they are paying full price, or buy into a different system.

Hi Stevens

I just read your post now - I'm away (home tomorrow  night), & haven't been checking mails.

For obvious reasons I sympathise with your situation! My own issue was about a trade in of camera for a new X-T3/lens kit, but the principles are the same. Plus I have €450 to claim as cashback on an 80mm macro and a 100-400mm lens, I  due course. I live in Ireland; the trade in was done w a Scottish dealer; & the lenses bought from an Irish dealer.

I DON'T agree that folk should just ignore the cashback thing - it's part of your contract, and you're due it. I assume your dealer is a "qualifying dealer". For info (you probably know this), you have to have; receipt from qualifying dealer; electronic version of both sides of the specific promo leaflet; photo of lens serial no; and your and bank's full info incl IBAN & BIC.

Have you had any success yet? If not, I can email the Marketing Manager (Fujifilm UK) w a copy of your post, asking if I can share his name/email w you (I got it by a circuitous route & he was very good to me so I want to give him that courtesy). I can say he acted right away, & I got my cashback!

It seems they're migrating systems at present, integrating registration (Fuji Connect) w the promotions company's systems. I'm promised that they will (a) give more effective support emails and (b) do a full systems audit (I suspect there are some obsolete claims web pages knocking around on their systems).

Let me know? You CAN and will get your cashback. There does seem to be a fair bit of chaos around but the UK senior management seem to want to help, and do so.  Sorry for your troubles...!

Hi Heather J,

I am glad to hear you had a good outcome.

I have (yesterday) finally received an automated email with a tracking link to log my claim. This is two weeks after I submitted the claim. I did not receive any personal reply to my emails to the promotion support help-desk. When I click on the tracking link it says that my claim has been validated and due for payment on the 19th December. I am glad that I now have a date for being paid.

However, given that fujifilm are delaying my payment for another four weeks, when instant bank transfers are a matter of course in internet transactions, it is clear that the whole process is designed to hamper and delay paying out for as long as possible.  I will let you know if I ever do receive a payment. I will also avoid these cash back scams and only ever accept up front discounts on camera gear in future.

Hello Stevens

Thanks for the update. I'm.glad that at any rate you'll be receiving the cash you're owed, even if late.

I heard very little by way of personal communication either from Promotion Support. However, my experience in communicating with Fujifilm UK managers themselves was entirely different: immediate and helpful. I reckon that - as others have written - that the problem is that the cashback thing is being run by a (new) third party company.

I tend to agree with your views on cashback offers. They seem to be common (Canon have used them for years), and I can only suppose there's some reason why the industry uses them instead of simple 'reductions'. But they sure are stressful! And it does indeed look like a scheme to hang onto customers' money for as long as possible. I don't understand the reason for having them. Having said that, some of the savings are meaningful - to me, anyway. So I would probably avail of them if I were buying another costly item. And I get the impression that Fujifilm themselves are trying to address the problems currently there. They certainly do need to be addressed.

That's NOT to disagree with you, though. It would be far preferable for the customer to be able to avail of a straightforward discount.

Anyway...glad you're being 'sorted' out, at any rate. AND the camera and lenses certainly are super, in my limited experience.

All the best.

Hello all

I've bought a new camera with double cashback (Black Friday) and £100 trade-in but when you go to the website it's full of broken links and basic errors. After finding a way into the claims area via the more info button then claim cashback I filled in the form only to find the calendar for date purchased is stuck on October, as mentioned basic website errors. I have tried with different browsers only to find the same faults.  I have sent them an email only to receive an automated response saying it dealt with in 3-5 days working days, which doesn't fill you with confidence. I would have thought Fuji would work with a company that offered round the clock web service? 

Has anyone else had these problems with the Black Friday offers?  

Pleased to hear some of you have had your problems resolved. 

Well. From what I gathered, they're changing systems to integrate more closely the product registration system with the (3rd party co) cashback system. I suggested to Fuji management that there may be redundant web pages, & they say they will (a) do an audit of their site and (b) improve Support.

That doesn't help you of course. BUT I can add the following:

- the calendar doesn't let you get to the date you want because the 30 days from start of offer hasn't expired (tho I do suspect there's at least one redundant site w a non-functioBing calendar and other fields too;

- if I were you, for the moment I would register your product(s) on their Fuji Connect page (triggers your warranty anyway);

- then I'd forget doing anything further until at least 30 days have expired since the date of purchase. DO get together your receipt; a photo of serial numbers; and copies (electronic) of the front & back of the SPECIFIC offer you bought within. You'll need those;

-don't worry about it till at least 30 days after your purchase, since the system won't let you proceed till then anyway.

I hope the above helps. Let us know if it does?

Heather

PS I tried the "different browsers" thing too (my usual Firefox and then Chrome), but w no success. Eventually I WAS able to put in a claim using Firefox (tho after the problem was being sorted by management). So I don't think you need worry about your browser.

Did your dealer give you a leaflet for the promotion? If not, request it cos you'll need it. In electronic form (both sides) would be handiest, or you can scan the paper version. For serial number, either a photo of it from the box or from.the product itself will do.

I assume your dealer is listed as a 'qualifying dealer', & that you're resident in the same country. Interestingly, some offers state "MAINLAND UK or RoI" - that is, it excludes NI for some reason. Other offers just specify "resident in the EU". Funny ol world...

Heather

Thanks for your reply Heather

I realised my mistake with the calendar and the 30 days time straight after I posted this. I was under the impression from the shop that you could apply for it straight away. Still at least I now know the reason why it didn't work. For a company like Fuji having a site with faulty links doesn't look good and I think it is because the problems I had accessing the claim area I missed the small red 30 days txt :)

I have registered the camera, that part worked. I purchased the camera from Jessops (Gloucester) and I was given receipts for the part exchange and told it could be used for the trade-in.  I have the leaflet but it doesn't have the trade-in details as shown in the site example but I can scan it with p/ex receipt. I photographed the box showing the s/n and had everything ready  just 30 days early :)

Thanks again

Well, Jessops (not surprisngly) is listed as a 'qualified dealer' for the UK, which is good.

I had a quick look at the Fujifilm Connect page and clicked on some cashback claim links more or less at random. I very much have the impression that they've altered a fair bit over the apst few weeks, as indeed Fujifilm UK said they would.

My impression from the (random) web page I connected into is that a lot has changed. Incidentally, I see that the reference to only "UK mainland and RoI" has disappeared in favour of "EU".

I'm sure it'll all work grand for you after the 30 days (I found I had to wait for around 31-32 days so maybe be patient).  Best of luck with it.

Heather

Hello Heather

The links that I mentioned on the "Claim Now" buttons have now been fixed and the site is working well. 

It was the first time I've dealt with Jessop's in years. Their in-store prices where hard to beat plus the service I received was brilliant, very impressed. They are listed on the drop down menu for Cash back which is also reassuring. 

Thanks again

David

On 11/25/2018 at 10:30 AM, SteveJD said:

...it is clear that the whole process is designed to hamper and delay paying out for as long as possible. 

I think this goes to the heart of the matter: Fuji appear to be making it as difficult as possible to claim the cashbacks, and it is good to see these problems being aired as a warning to others. I've had similar experiences in the past and although I did eventually get my money, the tormented procedures, the contradictory instructions and the defective websites were enough to put me off this time round. I never had this problem in all my years with Canon. I see that Fuji are offering straight cashbacks (upfront, at point of purchase) with their GFX gear. That's excellent. They need to go back to doing this with their X-series gear as well. Competition is hotting up with Canon and Nikon entering the mirrorless market. Fuji needs to look after its loyal customers. 

There, rant over! But thanks to all of your for sharing your experiences, and I'm glad that some at least have got sorted.

Folks, I'm obviously not speaking on behalf of Fujifilm UK. However, from correspondence with management there, I truly don't think for a minute that they're trying to hang onto our dough for as long as possible by making things difficult. Yes: things HAVE been difficult, and to some extent remain confusing. A large part of that is a reality that they have two websites operating in parallel at the moment, fujifilm-promotions and fujifilm-connect. The former is being closed down but can't be, apparently, until 1st December; after that, I'm told that all promotions and claims will happen via clicking "Promotions" at the top of the fujifilm-connect.com page; and I do believe that will make things a lot less confusing. There's out-of-date stuff on the OLD fujifilm-promotions.com web pages.

PLUS (and this is to correct a post I did a while ago): it now seems that it's no longer necessary to upload electronic copies of the specific cashback promotion leaflet, or indeed photos of the serial number. At least that how it looks to me, and forgive me if I turn out to be wrong. It seems, from looking at the new (fujifilm-connect.com) claims page, that the only thing required to be uploaded is the dealer's receipt (proof of purchase). It seems you now just have to type in the serial number. So that's all a good bit less cumbersome.

I'll go along with what folk here have said about the difficulty of getting a reasonably timed human response from fujifilm@promotion-support.com. That's annoying but again I think Fujifilm UK themselves are aware of it and are trying to improve it.

I don't want to seem like an apologist for Fujifilm, but I genuinely believe that (a) there were problems, (b) Fujifilm are addressing them, and (c) they don't want to hang onto our money or make life difficult for us. That would just be bad business, and they really don't want that.

On a positive note, aren't the X-T3 and the Fuji lenses superb? I'm enjoying them a lot.

Good luck all

Heather