Unable to claim cashback for X-T3

HeatherJ

I agree with you Heather, I don't think for one moment that a company such as Fuji would want to miss lead or disappoint new or existing customers. There were problems with links on their website but it was resolved pretty quickly.

I'm going to enjoy my new camera and I have faith that the promotions will be honoured. 

Cheers

david

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

I thought I'd just come back with a quick postscript

Yesterday, when >30 days had passed since I bought an 80mm XF Macro and a 100-400mm XF zoom, I entered fujifilm-connect both to register these lenses and then to enter my cashback claim (€450 - not insignificant!). I had some trepidation in starting out, based on past experience.

Well...the system seems to function admirably! No longer any need to upload photos of serial numbers, or copies of the "specific offer". Just select the lens model, enter the s/no, and upload the dealer's receipt. 2 minutes.

All right, I haven't actually been PAID yet. But...I received claim numbers, & a link on which I can track progress (still "processing claim"). And I've no reason to think it won't work as hoped for.

So...take a bow, Fujifilm! House put in order, I think - as well as making fine cameras and lenses. Now, if they could just do something about the constant rain...

Thanks to all for your support and help. Happy photographing, and I hope Santa will deliver some wanted bit of Fuji-gear for this festive season.

Heather

Thanks for the update, Heather. All sounds good. And congratulations on buying the 80mm macro and the 100-400: as you will have discovered, they're both stunning lenses - I reckon they're up there with the very best of the full-frame competition. Happy shooting!

• 11 months later...

I'm really pleased I have found this site because it appears others are experiencing the same frustrations as me with regards to obtaining cashback/battery grip for the X-T3 which I bought recently.  Not happy that others are unhappy but glad to see my problems are not unique by any means.   I emailed support at Fuji but the reply I got didn't address any of my points about how their website fails to let me register my legitimate claims.  I replied to their email explaining yet again the issues but have failed to get a response so far - it doesn't help that there is no phone helpline for Fuji UK apparently in relation to their promotions.  

For a major company like Fuji to get this so wrong is pretty poor to say the least and I think their attempt to lure customers with this promotion will result in making those very people (like me) think twice before deciding to buy from them in the future.

Today Fuji finally acknowledged there's a problem with their online claim application software.  Taken them a while to see what was in front of their noses but it's a step in the right direction nevertheless:

Unfortunately we are experiencing unexpected problems with the claim form for Fujifilm Battery Grip Promotion.

The issue will be shortly resolved.Please try again within several working days.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any queries, please contact our customer service team at: fujifilm@promotion-support.com

Kind regards,

Miglena Antonova

Fujifilm

Great, Miglena; I'm glad you're getting sorted out. My own problems date back 13 months, and at the time I ecentually got sorted out. At that time, Fujifilm were migrating from one online system to another, and that was eventually sorted out and I received my cahsback.

It sounds as if Fujifilm are having another systems problem now. I hope you get sorted; I'm sure you will but it's annoying to have to go to many efforts and time to receive your cashback.  Good luck

Heather