Remote Shutter release not working on XT2

Bill5818

I have three remote shutter cables, all with the 2.5 mm jack. These cables have worked flawlessly for the last several years with all my Fuji and Canon cameras. Just the other day, they stopped firing the shutter on my XT-2. A half press works as expected, but with the full press nothing happened. All three cables work flawlessly on my XT-10. I have blown out the socket on the camera, and it looks clean. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

For what it's worth (not much, I'm afraid), I can confirm that my several Canon RS-60E3 remote releases (2.5mm jack) are still working fine with my X-T2 and other Fuji cameras. It does sound as if something's preventing a connection in your X-T2's 2.5mm socket. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Sounds to me like you have something in the hole. Check closely to make sure. If not, it is not likely that all three releases are bad

I just checked my XT-2 and I have a few different brands  of 2.5 mm jack releases and they all work. The contact points in the hole are likely just flexed metal for the side and that can be flexed too much and lose contact. Try wiggling the plug when you engage the shutter button.

If all else fails consider getting a remote trigger that fits the USB (small part) or go truly retro and get a cable release. Either one of these work-arounds would likely be much cheaper than having the socket replaced. Good luck...…….Bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Same issue here with my xt2 that reacts abnormally to focus/shutter control . I suspect a short circuit between focus and shutter when the 2.5mm jack is engaged. Focus react when contact shuts buf stay engaged after contact release

Edited by alpheratz06
spelling