Ian347

XT-2 with Godox XProF problem

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a Godox XProF transmitter but no Godox lights yet. When I connect my XProF to my X-T2 (both on latest software releases) the X-T2 recognises a "flashgun" has been connected but the flash menu refuses to switch into Manual. I can select M using the rear dial but it immediately switches itself back into TTL.

Is this correct? Will it only work in TTL mode as I would like to have full manual control of my lights?

Do you think I am doing something wrong?

BTW this happens when there is no receiver active and also when I have a Godox X1RC receiver switched on, which disappointingly will only change the zoom function on my Pixel 800C (Canon compatible) flashgun, not the power levels or mode. Also the Pixel is not actually working in TTL despite the camera saying so, I have to set the power levels manually in the Pixel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you

Edited by Ian347

You can't change flash settings from the camera. You change flash mode on the trigger and the flash will use that mode, assuming that you are using a flash with TTL capabilities.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has this been resolved? Firmware update? I ask because it seems like there is a very slight delay in the shutter release when using the XPro F causing me to miss shots at their peak moment. I think it is because of the camera looking for the TTL preflash. All of my settings are on manual (aperture/shutter/iso), mechanical shutter, and flashes set on manual through the XPro F trigger (AD200 & TT685 F). The same happens if I use the TT685 F as the trigger for the AD200.

Thank you, Ian. My flashes work and everything, but I have that slightly delay when I press the shutter button using the system I described. It is very slight, but noticeable. From another forum it sounds like I'm stuck with the problem.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Anton
      Hi all. Your assistance / advice will be greatly appreciated.
      I use an XT3, and acquired the Godox 350 and Godox X1T remote trigger. For some reason, the remote trigger will not fire the flash off-camera. The following may be relevant:
      When I have both the remote trigger and the flash off the camera, the test button on the remote trigger does fire the flash. When the flash is on the camera, I works perfectly in all modes. When the remote trigger is on the camera, it fires the flash when I press the test button on the remote trigger When I press the shutter it does NOT fire the flash. When the remote trigger is on the camera, the only flash setting available are Off and Manual. From the above, it would seem to me tat both the flash and the remote trigger in fact work, but that either:
      The remote trigger is not compatible with the XT3; OR There is some setting on the XT3 that I need to adjust. Any thoughts or experience with this equipment?
      Regards and take care.

• By FenFotos
      This is the scene on Memorial Day 2020. Masks, quiet, birds singing.... Few people on what is ordinarily a day mobbed with tourists and locals taking to our great park. With music, vendors, artists, bikers, joggers, horses & buggies, and a pond filled with rowboats. Now: this. This image with X-T2, 18-55mm Fuji Lens, Acros-R film emulation.
    • By Frodo007
      Hello there! I am new to this forum and a proud owner of an X-T2.
      Last night I wished to try interval timer shooting to stack some star tracks, so I programmed my gear for 545 1-second exposures each separated by 10 seconds, at ISO 1000.  OIS was off, AF was set to manual with focus set at infinity and aperture also set to manual, at the widest setting for the lens. The body firmware version is 4.30 and the battery was fully charged.

When the shooting was over, I was disappointed to see that only 292 exposures had been taken instead of the 545 I had keyed in.

Anybody have an idea why this happened?
    • By ddlozier@gmail.com
      There has no firmware update since 2018.  One of the touted benefits of fuji is that it continues to upgrade cameras via firmware upgrades.  There have been several for the X-T3 and now the X-T4 has been announced.  Does this mean there will no further upgrades for the X-T2?
    • I could not ever to pair  iphone and X-H1.  When i Ty to pair the, the connection drops
    • New member...Roger....First Fuji X camera (x100V) Long term user of Canon (5Diii,7D,various compacts) and a long-term user of RAW in Lightroom. Excited with the X100V and new to me the film simulations.   JPeG quality, etc....excellent stuff! Question:   Is the Fujifilm X RAW studio essential to workflow?  For exports, I am converting to JPeG anyway from LR.   Yes, I can appreciate using the in-camera processing....but, your opinion is appreciated. Do I really  need it?
    • I can recommend the Profoto A1X. It's pricy, but worth every penny once you've start using it. A cheaper alternative is the Godox V1, which is also quite good but can run hot under heavy load (and blocks) and the battery secure mechanism can cause issues after which the battery drops out unexpectedly. The first I experienced myself. The latter I heard on two occasions from reliable sources.
    • X-T2, 90mm Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.