catesbyw

Peak Design strap attachment

So I know this is an older post and it took me months to adopt the Peak Design system because I hated the thought either a split ring and a leather protective pad between the camera lug and the anchor or popping out the protective bushings.    Then I saw the small oblong split rings Peak supplied.   With a little tab of electric tape for extra scratch resistance (I will replace one day by sliding over a small piece of rubber hose) I am happier than direct connect.

I used the optech uni-loop for a long time and the only drawback (beside the huge plastic connectors) was that the system didn't quite flow so when you had no strap on the connectors stuck out.  With a split ring the PD move fluidly and I like that.

So glad you are happy with your transition to PD. Nice touch with the temporary electrical tape and final rubber hose. Electrical heat shrink tubing is another alternative to the rubber hose. You'll just have to shield the camera body when shrinking the tubing with heat.

Hello,

I bought today the Peak Design L-AS-3 and Peak Design CF-AS-3 from Amazon, I don't know if they are comming with V3 or V4 version.

I'm use Fuji X-T3 and I think that is not possible to use the anchors directly to eyelet.