Peak Design strap attachment

catesbyw

So I know this is an older post and it took me months to adopt the Peak Design system because I hated the thought either a split ring and a leather protective pad between the camera lug and the anchor or popping out the protective bushings.    Then I saw the small oblong split rings Peak supplied.   With a little tab of electric tape for extra scratch resistance (I will replace one day by sliding over a small piece of rubber hose) I am happier than direct connect.

I used the optech uni-loop for a long time and the only drawback (beside the huge plastic connectors) was that the system didn't quite flow so when you had no strap on the connectors stuck out.  With a split ring the PD move fluidly and I like that.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

So glad you are happy with your transition to PD. Nice touch with the temporary electrical tape and final rubber hose. Electrical heat shrink tubing is another alternative to the rubber hose. You'll just have to shield the camera body when shrinking the tubing with heat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I bought the SLL-XX-3 sling to use with my XT-3.   I wish I found this forum earlier.  I did not thread the anchors thorough the camera, instead used the triangle metal clips that were there from original strap.  A few weeks ago was had the camera over my shoulders, and the anchor managed to thread its way out of the triangle clip and XT-3 fell onto concrete.  Now Camera and Lens are at Fuji for repair =(

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2018 at 1:06 PM, FoToEdge said:

Without Camera Eyelet Alteration, I am using the Anchor Connectors on my X-T1, X-T2, X30 and X-T20.  I pull dental floss through the eyelet and thread it through the Anchor Loop and thread my dental floss back through the camera eyelet.  I then hold both pieces of the dental floss and pull the Anchor Loop through the eyelet on the camera.  I then loop the Anchor mount through it's on Loop and I am done. I have no idea why anyone can't do this.  I do the same on my Panasonic Lumix cameras. 

Greetings @FoToEdge. May I ask if your PD Anchor Links cord would be the thinner V3 version or the thicker V4 where people deem them as thicker rendering it impossible to pass through the XT3 eyelets? I have the V4 and I'm unsure whether to consider pushing that inner metal ring found within the eyelets (which may pose the risk of scratching the side of the camera should you commit an error) OR to just buy circular lugs just like what @TerryB did on his Fuji Cam unit?

Thank you.