dv.

Fuji Fisheye

The fisheye has massive limitations - it can make things look weird, especially if there are lots of straight lines involved and you point the lens straight at it. I sold my previous fisheye because I got bored with the bendy-lines effect very quickly, but I've since bought another and I think I'm beginning to work out how to use it790ba80e8af1708cdde6c48fb030c666.jpg70fddc6a16007d36049a5f74ecf08f3f.jpg0db553c8784ba1eb6cc7ae80192b6bd8.jpgcba0d57cdb24290c3c47557d1d4c78f3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice pics, Japan is awesome. The Gundam... dream of my youth.

Though, yes the fisheye is particular. It's made to stand out from the crowd. So I can imagine if used intensively, can become boring in the long run.

I think the fisheye has its place - but it has to be used very carefully. If you use it in a room, or anywhere with lots of straight lines, it makes them bendy and weird - especially if the lens is tilted up or down. But for images where you want to emphasise a really powerful and dynamic relationship between a strong subject and the background context, a fisheye can be great. A lot of action sports photographers use them extensively

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure, Warwick. It is a nice lens indeed. But I think a lens you'd get as... third? Or fourth? Not surely even as a second lens. And most important, for me, I'd never try to correct its rounded lines. It's a very personal thought, but why to get a lens like that if one wants to correct the distortion? It's like buying a convertible pretending to build a roof on it.

Ordered the Samayang 8 mm - can't wait to try it out!

I have that lens.  Picked it up used of Kijiji.  Been happy with it.  Great for creating unique perspectives.  I used it recently for some very close to the line (by the net) of volleyball.  Got some cool shots.