Strange situation with the battery

verysame

When I turn off my camera, the moment I'm going to turn it back on it doesn't work, it seems the battery are completely drained.

If I remove the battery and I insert it back, then the camera turns on.

This happens with the battery fully charged and I'm using an X-E2.

I have the feeling the battery compartment needs some maintenance: any tips?

That is so weird. I am experiencing the exact same problem with my X-Pro2. I thought it was the battery then quickly reslised it wasnt as I have 3 and they all have the same problem. There was no issue previously and they would normally last several hours before I needed to swap one out. What changed? Just before I went on holiday, I updated the firmware to the latest. This was the first time I used the camera after that update. The batteries would work fine until I switched the camera off!  I read the manual and made some adjustments to try conserve power. It appears to be connected with EVF in some way as, when I switched that off, it returned to normal. Now, one of the great draws of th X is the EVF, so I am hoping Fuji will recognize this and provide a fix. 

11 hours ago, nimzof said:

I had the same issue with Xt3, I removed battery grip and the camera "woke up". It hasnt happened again since the new firmware update

Glad the firmware worked out. BTW, I don't have a battery grip.

11 hours ago, remeife said:

I have this problem with my xt2 but not with the new xt3

I did the cleaning yesterday with some very, very little vinegar using a cotton swab, then a second pass with the alcohol.

First tests were promising. I'll know better in the next few days.

• 1 month later...