My X-T2 crops with 18mm lens?

Hello everybody,

Recently I have changed my 23mm f/2 for an 18mm f/2 Fujinon lens. After I toke a few images inside the house, I have discovered during editing (Capture One) the pixel size is different.
I have seen dark (the cropped out area) lines on both side of the image I have took. First I thought I have applied my own presets by accident but after resetting the RAW file looked bigger than 6000x4000 pixels.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

This is the one I have seen within the EVF and also the original is 6000x4000 pixels, but this below is the one I took the cropping out from it and it became a 6187x4000 pixels image

I have tested with other lenses, such as 14, 23, 35, 56 and 55-140 too but I cannot replicate the same thing with any other lenses.

Do you have any ideas why my X-T2 does this with this specific lens?

Thank you so much

Greg

Edited by gregdoesphotos

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Greg, that extra pixel details are typically captured by the sensor to later apply image corections. Looks like X-T2 just knows that XF 18mm F2 requires some corrections.

I'd recommend to check the XF 18mm F2 lens firmware if it's the latest one. Ver 3.11 applies a fix for X-T2 for proper "Lens Modulation Optimizer".

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/lens/xf18mm/history.html

Firmware difference may explain why it behaves other way than your other lens.