Portrait captured with the XF90

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm playing a bit with the XF90mm since a few days and I have to say that the lens is the best in Fuji's lineup and probably my favorite so far.

Sharpness, colors, bookeh, contrast, ... I'm speechless.

You can find a full size JPG file here: http://j.mp/1H9gVCn

Taken outdoors with one flash @ f/2, ISO 200, 1/180s

I didn't tweak the sharpness at all. I only converted it to B&W and added the frame in Photoshop. The color profile used in LR to develop it is Provia.

Full review coming soon...

I just received my copy of the 90mm F2 also and had a quick question if anyone can answer it.  If the lens is turned off it makes a 

rattling noise on the inside.  When the camera is turned on and the lens is ready to shoot the noise stops.  I wanted to see if this had 

anything to do with 4 magnets on the inside of the lens powering the lens motor.  I have not seen or read anything about this yet.

I also called the Fuji  USA helpline but they did not even have a copy of the lens to verify this.  

Just to clarify what was done: I didn't sharpened the image nor did I tweak noise reduction. Opened it in lightroom, used the Provia color profile, cropped it slightly, sent the picture to Photoshop, converted it to black and white, added the white frame. Then I saved the file using JPG (12, maximum). Done. Nothing esle.

Yes this is normal and is due to the lens motor. The 55-140 does the same. I felt like you initially and discussed the issue with Fujifilm France.

Nevertheless the feeling when handling the lens is weird :) and frightening at first.

is that what Fuji told you? the 50-140 does this due to the OIS mechanism similar to some OIS lenses from CaNikon.

(Sent from another Galaxy)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By teplosvet
      Greetings, 
      Starting with a Nikon D750 + Sigma 50mm f/1.4 i recently moved to Fujifilm X-T4 + Fujinon 23mm f/2.
      I started photography to cope with my bipolar disorder and big depression which i had my whole life. In the beginning i photographed all my friends, tried to find myself in portrait niche, but quickly understood that i just cant take pictures as they want me to. And i do not use photoshop or lightroom, i am not a fan of retouch. I mastered Capture One at some point, but now i do not see any use of it, as Fuji cameras already have everything needed inside of them. After all, i do not position myself as a photographer or retoucher, its just a hobby, and i try to catch things as my damaged head sees them. For example, here is a portrait of my mother, which was just a test shot:

Things now changed as i am currently working as an activity manager at a center where people with special needs live. People who live here are the most kind, honest and charismatic people i have ever met. I decided that i will try to spread their joy with the help of my hobby, and my employer was instantly hyped with the idea (god bless this woman). Here are some of the first pictures taken, thanks to Alexander who was happy to model:

If you are Interested in things i share, you can check my instagram at @dom.teplosvet 
      So, i guess that will be all for now from me.
      Stay kind and spread joy, fellow photographers!
    • By Gareth 32
      I just recently bought the xs 10 and havent used it much it's still new. I noticed that when shooting 4k and DCI 4k there's a lite flicking sound that sound like a fan or something that comes from the front near the lense mount or even in the lens. I also heard this during playback when testing the internal mic. This sound does not happen when shooting FHD and I'm wondering is it because shooting 4k is more taxing on the Camera or the Lense. When I take the lense of and record with the sensor cap on the camera the sound is gone. is this normal or is this a fault and If its a fault can it be fixed or should I send the camera back. Thanks
    • By thehiddenglobe
      Hi guys, 
      I am new to this forum, I have in the past year purchased an XT30, which came with the kit lens 15-45mm 3.5-5.6. 

I’m looking for a new lens with the primary usage of travel photography. 
      So far I’ve been looking at the 18-55mm 2.8-4.0 or the 35mm F2.
      I am looking for a lens that will cover most scenarios when travelling. Nothing hugely fancy, anyone have any ideas?
      Cheers guys 
      Alex

• By K PRETHVIRAJ
      I stumbled upon a youtube video from "make art now" ,he was showing the new "DJI LiDAR 3D focus system". , Which can be used to give vintage lens "autofocus" ability . So we can get the oldest and unique Lenses and use it for daily work or fun ,same way we use a lens with auto focus ! .it seems interesting to me and i thought it will be useful for everyone here , who likes some specific vintage lens but wasn't buying it because it doesn't have auto focus ! .