Anyone else is hoping for a 16-80 f4?

ychen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

i believe there is whole new world of travelers out there who would love a fuji xt20 and 16-80 f4 for

travel and everyday use. this is the group fuji should market. i see the nikon 7200 and 16-80 f4 as

the model but fuji would outdistance that by far and for less money. i can see that fuji lens being

used by me in berlin and istanbul and in the caucasus mountains of the republic of georgia where

i live. out in the west of the usa it would be great for people who come to visit montana etc

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, Panasonic/Leica make a 12-60mm (24-120mm in 35mm) that is f2.8/4.0, and people are getting excited about a f4,0 only lens.

Even up scaling from MFT to APS-C this still looks a sizable lens. Why not make something that is better than the opposition, say a constant f3.5.

Come on Fuji make a statement.

On 7/7/2015 at 5:24 AM, MintMark said:

When I saw the subject I thought of the Canon EF-S 15-85... a great walk about lens.

I must agree, I kept my Canon 7D because of that lens.  Sold all the other lenses, but every once in a while I'll take a stroll with my 7D/15-85 combo just because it is so good.  I was more thinking the Fuji 16-80 f4 now in the works would be more to challenge the Canon EF 24-105 f4 - another good lens.  Either way it sounds like a good idea.  I just don't know that it would replace my 18-55/55-200 combo I love so much.

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2018 at 2:52 PM, tractorboyx said:

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, Panasonic/Leica make a 12-60mm (24-120mm in 35mm) that is f2.8/4.0, and people are getting excited about a f4,0 only lens.

Even up scaling from MFT to APS-C this still looks a sizable lens. Why not make something that is better than the opposition, say a constant f3.5.

Come on Fuji make a statement.

Make a statement indeed!

• 4 months later...