USED X-T2 "clunk"

Sadam6

Hi Guys!

I'm fairly new to the fuji ecosystem (i only had the x100F), i desided because the pricedrops it's time for buying the X-T2 because of the weather sealing and a few awsome lenses. I came across a good looking used one, and i bought it. When i got home, nice silent environment, i noticed a smal clunking feel when i tilted the camera up and down (body only, without battery) or shaking it gently forward and backward from the EVF area. Is this somthing i should worry about? Or this could happend if i bough it new? Anyone noticed something like that?

I'm strating to regret not saving for a new X-T3...

Thanks for you responds!

10 hours ago, Sadam6 said:

Hi Guys!

I'm fairly new to the fuji ecosystem (i only had the x100F), i desided because the pricedrops it's time for buying the X-T2 because of the weather sealing and a few awsome lenses. I came across a good looking used one, and i bought it. When i got home, nice silent environment, i noticed a smal clunking feel when i tilted the camera up and down (body only, without battery) or shaking it gently forward and backward from the EVF area. Is this somthing i should worry about? Or this could happend if i bough it new? Anyone noticed something like that?

I'm strating to regret not saving for a new X-T3...

Thanks for you responds!

When you say "body only", do you mean with no lens attached ? Or just without the battery ? Sorry for asking such a seemingly stupid question but sometimes there are language differences and misunderstandings. I mean, if you have a lens attached that would be just normal to hear a sound.

1 minute ago, George_P said:

When you say "body only", do you mean with no lens attached ? Or just without the battery ? Sorry for asking such a seemingly stupid question but sometimes there are language differences and misunderstandings. I mean, if you have a lens attached that would be just normal to hear a sound.

Yes, just the body no lens attached.

58 minutes ago, Sadam6 said:

Yes, just the body no lens attached.

My friend, I have what I hope is good news for you. I took the lens off and the battery out of my brand new X-T2. I switched off the music. Here I am, shaking the camera mildly back and forth, I am pressing on the tilt screen while doing it to make sure that the tilt screen is fixed. I can definitely hear a mild clunking noise and feel something moving inside the camera. Whatever it is, I am sure it is not a fault and I think you can rest assured that it is normal. Perhaps the shutter assembly is dampened against vibrations or something like that. The noise is quiet but easily heard and distinct. I would say that is nothing to worry about. It is a fantastic camera, relax and enjoy. You need not have any regrets, unless you are a sports shooter or something like that. The X-T3 is faster but the IQ is the same. 

7 hours ago, George_P said:

My friend, I have what I hope is good news for you. I took the lens off and the battery out of my brand new X-T2. I switched off the music. Here I am, shaking the camera mildly back and forth, I am pressing on the tilt screen while doing it to make sure that the tilt screen is fixed. I can definitely hear a mild clunking noise and feel something moving inside the camera. Whatever it is, I am sure it is not a fault and I think you can rest assured that it is normal. Perhaps the shutter assembly is dampened against vibrations or something like that. The noise is quiet but easily heard and distinct. I would say that is nothing to worry about. It is a fantastic camera, relax and enjoy. You need not have any regrets, unless you are a sports shooter or something like that. The X-T3 is faster but the IQ is the same. 

Thank you for reassurance! Then i just got to get used to it :) Thank you again for trying it out on yours!