Shutter Lag

I am a GFX owner/user, and while I like the camera and its superb IQ, I am disturbed by the ever present shutter lag that has caused me to miss several opportunistic shots.

A review of the Internet has revealed that this is not an isolated issue but, rather, a  characteristic of the camera.  I wonder if Fuji is aware of this issue, and if it is something that can be addressed in firmware?

I would hope that if others are troubled by, or are aware of this unpleasantness, that they will speak up and make their voices heard by Fuji.

Well said Ron, I have experienced this too at a Red Bull International Air Race this year I lost several great possible shots. I came to the conclusion that the GFX is not an action camera. However like you I wonder if this could be rectified in firmware.

• 1 year later...

In May 2020, I have the latest firmware update and I have noticed that this problem is still there, but as I mainly shoot landscapes it has so far not been a problem.  However, for spontaneous people shots it could be disastrous!  For wedding photography (just to give an example) the problem needs fixing, if one is to catch fleeting expressions.  Professional models can no doubt hold an expression and still look natural, but normal people can't!

12 hours ago, Trevor R said:

In May 2020, I have the latest firmware update and I have noticed that this problem is still there, but as I mainly shoot landscapes it has so far not been a problem.  However, for spontaneous people shots it could be disastrous!

For your information, this is not a firmware problem, but a hardware problem. Since this model has been on the market, this topic has been discussed enough and appropriate solutions have been worked out. Please read here and here! Incidentally, there are still people who compare a medium format camera with various APS-C cameras, just ridiculous!

Edited by Photonics