Autofocus with Prime Lenses

davigdor

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MaryMurf
      How do I set my xt20 so I can hold it halfway and adjust the focus? Also, the shutter is so sensitive that I end up taking pictures when I turn the camera on and off. Am I doing something wrong in my settings?
      thanks
      mary
    • By YOUTA
      I was imagining if ,fujifilm itself or any third parties ,make a auto focusing speedbooster to use fujifilm gfx lenses on fujifilm x series camera's !! . i might sound stupid , but actually it has great benefits in many area's . people who own x series and gfx series ,don't have to buy different lenses . also the camera industry is slowly shifting to medium format from full frame , so we will start seeing speedbooster for gfx lenses to different fullframe mount's of other manufacturer cameras too . so what do you think about this ? ,let's us all share our opinion's here ! about this , so maybe this might lead to a speedbooster ,like we said ! ,from fujifilm or third parties !! ,since many are using gfx camera's these day's ,who also has a x series body with them . so share your opinion's about this here , have a nice day !
    • By YOUTA
      I stumbled upon a youtube video from "make art now" ,he was showing the new "DJI LiDAR 3D focus system". , Which can be used to give vintage lens "autofocus" ability . So we can get the oldest and unique Lenses and use it for daily work or fun ,same way we use a lens with auto focus ! .it seems interesting to me and i thought it will be useful for everyone here , who likes some specific vintage lens but wasn't buying it because it doesn't have auto focus ! .

• By 6mon
      Hi All
      I have the 35mm f1.4 that I like a lot. It's kinda welded to my xpro2 as it takes 99% of my photos. I like the simplicity of the 50mm equivalent fov, and the fact I can use it for almost everything.
      I'm looking for another 35mm lens, with a wider opening, as 1.4 does not always take enough light in (I do a lot of portraits at night). So I'm considering the Mitakon 35mm f0.95, which seems to have a lot of good user reviews. I can get it used under 400€ I think. 
      Meanwhile, 7artisans announced a similar lens for half that price which, if I am to believe the hype, is equal if not better than the Mitakon.
      Should I believe it, and get the 7 artisans?
      Or should I consider that 7artisans sent their best copies for youtubers for review, and that in reality, a 250$ lens can't be as good as a 550$ one? in which case I should get the Mitakon?
      6mon
    • By triptomoon
      I'm new to the Fuji system and I would like to know if it's possible to set a focus zone and tell the camera to "only search for faces in that specific area", instead of hunting everywhere in the image and end up focusing on some passer-by in the background? Also, when face/eye detection isn't hitting the right target, what's the quickest way to manually toggle out of it? I tried moving my focus point with the joystick but the camera would fight me and keep picking up faces in the areas I don't want. Does anyone have a solution with this? I'm using an X-T30.