Underwater White Balance

Carlos Martins

Hello,

I use my Xt-2 for underwater photography and its awsome. No problems with WB because I use strobs.

But when I want to do video, the White Bance is terrible. I tried with custom WB with my white plate that I always have with me, tried with Underwater WB and it still very blue. Can anybody help me. Someone with experience in underwater video. And I also dont know wich settings are better for underwater video.

I also have a must cheaper point and shoot panasonic camera and I have no problems with WB.

Its very strange

Thank you in advance.

Carlos

Hello,

There is only three brands in the market, SUBAL, NAUTICAM and MEIKON (SEAFROGS). The first and second, aluminium, the 3rd polycarbonat.

The Aluminium cases with ports for the lens you have to spent at least around 3500 if you have already have the lens for their ports. The Seafrogs cost you around 400 euros. I have the seafrogs, its very nice, you have some restrictions on commands but its easy to resolve. You just have to pay atention to maintenance before each dive, exactly as the other ones.

And I bought that one because if I floodade I still have a lot of plafond to buy a new body comparing with the coste of SUBAL and NAUTICAM.

Here its a link of some photos.

Cheers

CArlos