Underwater housing case - X-T20

lamacchiacosta

Hello everyone,

I am about to start an underwater photography course and I would love to keep using my X-T20 down there. Searching on the web for housing dedicated to this camera I can find only the Meikon Seafrog, which fits the 16-50, and I guess it means the 3.5-5.6 XC series.
I own the 16-55 XF 2.8 one so I was hoping to find something suitable for my actual setup. In case I could borrow my partner 18-55 F2.8-4 R LM OIS.
Does anyone have any real-life feedbacks about this case?
Is there any other alternative?
I had a look at Nauticam and Aquatech but it seems they don't serve the X-T20.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by lamacchiacosta

I bought the Meikon Seafrog in the end and at the moment I am still testing it before bringing my camera underwater. Everything looks like working smoothly and I did a test dive to see if I had any leakings but it seems there is none. It also had a sensor that activates a beeping alarm and a flashing LED light in case of any water leaks in.
Works with the standard 3.5-5.6 XC lens, which I had to buy separately. Luckily I found a very good deal on eBay, which means that for about £300 investment I have the chance to shoot underwater. Shown that to my teachers and other divers I dive with and they all look impressed by it, for the price.
At the moment I am back home with no chance to dive again until I finish my course theory, but I will keep you posted.

The Meikon underwater case for the XT-10 works with the XT-20 but only with XC-16-50 zoom. No other lens is working. I tried with CF 18-55 but it is 1mm too large.

I am using the case for two years now with a XT-10 and my son with a XT-20. No issues, it works up to 35-40 m depth.

Here is a link: https://meikon.com.hk/products/fujifilm-x-t10-16-50-40m-130ft-meikon-underwater-camera-housing-kit

I bought it via AliExpress.

Regards,

David

• 3 months later...

So, I finally managed to bring the case underwater for a proper real-life test.
I can only be happy with it, is very reliable and solid. The only issue I have a the moment is the knob for the Drive Dial that doesn't work quite well. I contacted the reseller and they know about the issue, they offered to help me to change the part once the Chinese factory will open again after the Chinese New Year celebrations.

----
The part has been shipped and now is replaced. Happy client here.

Edited by lamacchiacosta