Sign in to follow this  
MattX

XT3 or 56mm?

I’ve got an XT2. Got both 35mm f1.4 and 18mm. Was thinking about getting a 56mm f1.2. Now the XT3 is announced which should I get!!!? I want both but can only afford one…

Now you have to take vantage from the lens, because camera it will be only the next month. So  you can buy the xt-3after... next month

Edited by bergat

I’d go for the lens.   The final IQ of the X-T3 won’t be a significant upgrade from your T-2.  So, unless you really need one or more of the new features, e.g. the enhanced Eye-AF, or the 30 FPS frame rate, then you’ll “much more” expand your capability overall with another good lens in your kit.

Rand

Lens is the way to go for sure, but .... it might be a bit off topic... anyway, Canon just set the price for their new Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM for $479!

So I feel a little cheated looking at Fuji's $599 for XF 35mm f/1.4 R ☹️

Edited by mdm

I have the xt2 and the 56 1.2 and it really isn't lacking except maybe it's a little  slower in low light autofocus. But it is still fine in most situations . I wouldn't see a professional wedding photographer using for example but that is extreme tbh.. 

Go for the 56mm lens . You’ll be able to make different kind of pictures.

Something the XT3 will not bring you and is just much of the same. 

Edited by JDJ

I have the XT2 and I think is a very good camera; don't know the XT3 but reading some of that it's written about this camera and a bit a knowledge over the standards of practice of the camera market I don't think this new camera go provide very big improvements over the XT2, of course, it depends very much on the personals tastes and types of photography you do. But, in my humble opinion, one thing is crystal clear and is the very, very superb quality of the lens in question, the XF 56, that is arguably one of the best lenses of Fuji and probably of the photographic gear in his class.
P.S. Sorry for my horrible language.
Thank for your time