X-T2 Card Slot Selection

merlin

It's all a bit cumbersome having to menu-dive. The process is meant to be: Set-up menu (wrench icon) > Save Data Set-up > Switch Slot (Sequential): no choices offered, but if you simply hit "Switch Slot (Sequential)" a message comes up saying "Processing", and the slot is switched. It should then stay that way unless you switch slot again - or unless you turn the camera on without a card in one of the slots, in which case it switches automatically to whichever slot does have a card.

I’m pretty sure that if you press the playback button for a few seconds a dialogue should pop up allowing you to change slots!

Correction

Press and hold the delete button simultaneously click the rear command dial and a dialogue box will open up offering you an option to change the card slots!

Edited by Mike G

The delete/control dial shortcut is to format the card (but very useful to be reminded of it - thanks.) Would be good if - in some future update, perhaps - Change Slots could be assigned to a Function button - or at least added to My Menu. But then again, I don't change slots very often, and when I do it's usually by accident! I'd definitely like Format to be assignable to My Menu, though.

Edited by dfaye
Correction

5 hours ago, Greybeard said:

This only changes the card selection in View Image mode - card used for Sequential data storage is independent of the card used for viewing image

Thanks for clarifying this!  The best way is the one you shared earlier in this thread.  Remove the cards except from the slot you want to be first, turn off the camera, turn it back on and insert another card in the empty slot.