Second X-T2

merlin

WIth the X-T3 about to be announced, and rumored to be available in late September, I am wondering about replacing my X-T1 with another X-T2.  I have no need of the new "features" of the X-T3, but clearly the X-T2 was a huge step forward from the X-T1.

Prices have already dropped by USD 500, and once the announcement is made for the X-T3, may drop even further.  I much prefer new, or like new gear as opposed to used.

Opinions and suggestion appreciated!

New X-T2 arrived early this morning. It was like experiencing the camera for the first time, but setup was very easy and straightforward having done all that with the older one. The most difficult part was getting the strap holders onto the lugs!

It is wonderful to have the 18-55 on one and the 90mm on the other. I can grab either -- or both -- at a moment's notice, depending on the situation.

Woo-hoo!!!

Congratulations on your new X-T2, merlin. You are not a sports shooter so you would not get that much benefit from getting the X-T3. I did the same. Be sure to update your firmware to the latest version on both cameras and on the lenses. Be sure to follow the instructions while you do that. I am looking forward to more nice pictures from New Mexico. Cheers !

59 minutes ago, George_P said:

Congratulations on your new X-T2, merlin. You are not a sports shooter so you would not get that much benefit from getting the X-T3. I did the same. Be sure to update your firmware to the latest version on both cameras and on the lenses. Be sure to follow the instructions while you do that. I am looking forward to more nice pictures from New Mexico. Cheers !

Thanks very much, George!  Firmware has been updated, and I am enjoying the new camera.

• 1 month later...

Great idea. You could also put on a 16mm or 23 set mostly automatic for grab shots and a short tele under full control for design and architectural details. In film/manual focus days if the weather was bad I'd go out with a 24mm and a 50, if it was nice maybe a 35 and a 100 macro or 135. Old ideas still have value but the zooms today are great.

• 7 months later...

I own the Xt1, 2, and the X-H1.  And I gotta say The x-H1 is freakin' amazing.  I had originally bought the x-t3 but returned it due to the X-H1 on sale for 1299 with the grip and two batteries!

Honestly, it is such an amazing camera, that I haven't touched my X-T2 since returning from Iceland where I had my 50-140 mounted on it, and the 16-55 on the X-H1.