XF18-55mm f2.8/4 Aperture problems

Kader2727mosta

Hi guys 

i have got X-T10 with XF18-55mm f2.8/4

the problem i have is that when i put the Aperture on manual mode and the zoom at 18mm f2.8 and go to 55mm the aperture stays stuck at F2.8 .... in other words it acts just like pro 16-55 f2.8 lol 

Notice : my body and lens are updated.

Edited by Kader2727mosta

So, it looks like the lens isn't communicating properly with the camera. With luck it might just be a tiny bit of dirt/fluff/oil etc on the contacts. Have you tried removing the lens and very gently cleaning the contacts on both lens and camera with a soft cloth?

5 minutes ago, dfaye said:

So, it looks like the lens isn't communicating properly with the camera. With luck it might just be a tiny bit of dirt/fluff/oil etc on the contacts. Have you tried removing the lens and very gently cleaning the contacts on both lens and camera with a soft cloth?

Yeah i've cleaned it and updated it also but still same , on Automatic mode it works properly but when i switch to manuel it works as 16-55 f2.8

Edited by Kader2727mosta

As lens&body have the newest firmware installed, I think the rotary encoder telling your lens at what focal lenght it is, is either broken or unattached to the mainboard, hence not communicating. If you stop the aperture down yourself to f/8 or something, while at 55 mm, this will probably show as 18 mm f/8.

Anyway, your lens needs to be serviced.

12 hours ago, quincy said:

As lens&body have the newest firmware installed, I think the rotary encoder telling your lens at what focal lenght it is, is either broken or unattached to the mainboard, hence not communicating. If you stop the aperture down yourself to f/8 or something, while at 55 mm, this will probably show as 18 mm f/8.

Anyway, your lens needs to be serviced.

Yeah that's true , thanks