X-T2 in-camera settings

merlin

Just got my X-T2 back from Fuji repair, but they did a system reset and all my in-camera shooting menu settings (e.g. highlight, shadow, NR, sharpness, color) are back to zero.

Can anyone suggest what settings might be best for landscapes, nature (e.g. flowers) and portraits?

Next time I will be sure to create custom settings banks!

Try using it in aperture priority, preferably on a tripod ... f8 for landscapes, f2.8 for portraits is a good starting point.

Close-ups (e.g. flowers) are a bit more challenging as depth of field is always so limited. Using a smaller aperture, say f16, is probably going to produce the best result although it's dependent on just how much you want to be in sharp focus.

I'm personally setting NR -3 for all shots, because it's quite easy to apply NR later in post if really needed. Sometimes it's good to set Sharpness to -1 as well for more natural portrait look with super-sharp Fuji XF lens. For the good outdorr/daylight try Provia/Astia, for the indoor light portraits - ClassicChrome

Thanks for the suggestions!  I currently have two custom banks.  I am using Velvia for landscapes, and Provia for flowers, portraits, etc.  I have set both NR and sharpening to -3, since as you said that can be adjusted in pp, if necessary.

Highlights are set to -1, and shadows to +1 for Provia and +2 for Velvia.

The results have been quite good so far.

• 1 year later...