XP2 FW 5.0 Bug?

I guess you've checked to make sure it hasn't accidentally become unticked in Set-up > Screen set-up > Display Custom Setting? It might be worth unticking/ticking several times, exiting the menu page each time you do so; I think that sometimes these settings can require a bit of effort to make them register. 

Yes, tried various combinations and sequences. Checking and unchecking the linear display check box has the appropriate result, not so the digital one. Ticking  the "large Print" digital box results in that box becoming unchecked next time I look at the setting for it ( the activation box for digital remains ticked). I have two bodies, both act the same way.

Yes, turning on the new "large indicators" option causes the digital exposure compensation display to disappear by default, as well as the focus distance bar. (But the digital exposure comp display can be recovered on the Large Indicators Display Setting menu page.)

Edited by dfaye
Addition