I found my way into mirrorless cameras on a whim, wanting to see what all the fuss was about. It was my good fortune that I chose a used Fuji, an E-X2. I have purchased a lot more Fuji equipment in the last two years and love every piece. 

I recently purchased an 80mm macro and was pretty underwhelmed by it. Great lens, but I didn't really have the need for it. I returned it and asked for an X-100f to replace it. Wow. This little wonder has transformed my photography. I'll continue to use my X-H1 and X-Pro2, but this small, ultra lightweight camera is a real delight to use. The fixed 35mm lens requires that I think more about subject distance and composition. It requires a different mindset (for me at least) and I love the resulting photos. Built-in TTL flash is great for fill, all the manual controls are a wonder, too. I'm tending to play more in the menus than I have done in my other cameras. Not sure why. I haven't been this excited about a camera in a couple of decades. 

Anyway, I've read a lot of great press on this camera, and I can see what all the fuss is about. 

Here are ten shots from last weekend:

Edited by Tommyboy

Great photos and I totally understand your excitement.  When I got my X100s a few years ago, it totally transformed my interest in photography from mainly vacation shooting to active photography with planned photo shoot trips. My excitement still continues.  I later got a X100F and had my S converted to infrared.  Now I carry both.

Edited by neal3K

Great images! You quite obviously selected the very best ones! I like the last one of the bottles and the one prior to that of the sea. The others are just as good but those two are my favourites. The 100F is a great camera.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great images....

I recently picked up an original X100 on the cheap to see if the system would work for me before purchasing an X100F.  I immediately fell in love with it.  I have been using an Olympus Pen-F for a couple of years now and love it, but feel something is missing..  The images the original produces are just amazing and I love having the physical dials to make most of my shooting changes on the fly without having to dive into the menu.

I may be selling my Pen-F soon to help fund the F as I don't like keeping a bunch of gear around...