FOLDERS for Bracketing

UGO

Hi all. Thank you for your kindness. Question is easy: X-T2, fw: 4.10. How can I put every stacking focus shooting into a separate folder? Othwrwise I find hundreds of photos all together and it is impossible to select every shooting series.

It's not possible as you've already been informed.

I would love if brackets were marked as such in metadata. It would be easy for a manufacturer to implement. Just add a bracket flag and a counter. All photos would be marked as brackets and they would get numbered.

This would have to be standardized though so that software could recognize this and automatically group these frames. Same for focus stacking. It's a dream I have had for a few years, but metadata standardization seems to be a slow and difficult process. This approach would allow for automatic detection and even automatic batch processing of brackets if desired.

But right now, it can't be done reliability and certainly not in camera unfortunately.

Ugo, upgrade your X-T2 to firmware 4.20. Then in the SET UP menu, go to SAVE DATA SET-UP. There, you will now find SELECT FOLDER menu, and finally, the CREATE FOLDER function. When you name and create the new folder, it is automatically selected, but you need to actually take some shots to complete the process. So if you create a folder, but don't actually use it, the folder won't show up in the SELECT FOLDER list. Folder creation can only be done when dual cards are set to sequential mode. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 5:27 PM, Greybeard said:

This can be done on a computer after the files have been uploaded if you don't mind doing a little scripting.

Information about the bracketed sets are stored in the EXIF metadata.

I can't find it in the regular exif, but apparently Fuji has proprietary tags for this, 0x1100 AutoBracketing and 0x1101 SequenceNumber. Unfortunately this isn't standardized so I guess we won't see it implemented in commercial software like Lightroom and Capture One.

55 minutes ago, ErikN said:

I can't find it in the regular exif, but apparently Fuji has proprietary tags for this, 0x1100 AutoBracketing and 0x1101 SequenceNumber. Unfortunately this isn't standardized so I guess we won't see it implemented in commercial software like Lightroom and Capture One.

Yes - and Fuji considers continuous bursts to be a form of bracketing (and marks them in the same way) so its tricky to use.

I tend to leave the camera permanently on CL so every file gets marked as using Auto Bracketing.