the new look

milandro

well, besides the interface that is the typical cheap looking interface, now I am facing a page mostly white with lots of very annoying simbols and icons.

The only similarity with the old look is the black header.

Also, the signatures have disappeared but that is more of a detail. I really find this look cheap and not stylish while the previous was much more special. The only thing that has bee kept is the black band header above, all the rest, including more stylish lettertypes,  is gone and looks terribly different and not pleasant, this is from where I sit. One of the things which attracted me of this forum was the graphic form, the new one is, sorry to say, cheap and uninteresting.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by milandro

cheers and thanks.

On my end everything still looks pretty much the same but I trust the updates.

Really I liked almost everything of the previous version including the limited choice of emoticons.

Now we have lots of stuff but it looks so much more ordinary if this would look more similar to the blog part of the forum I’d be way happier

Jo Andi. First, thank you for your work. A person working on something that others will enjoy is always to thank for what he does.

I haven't checked the whole new website, not much time. One thing I'd like to say, in my strictly personal opinion: the graphics of the site is not consistent with the top and the rest. I would have changed the top choosing a light one to match the rest better or, vice versa, a dark page matching the dark top.

But, having said this, everybody has his own tastes.

Thank you again and grüßi

indeed, alongside with the cheaper and more spartan look and the loss of the “ recent posts “ column (which was a great asset since it gave you a view of the latest running topics) we lost that too. In exchange we got all the emoticons (or emoji as they now call them) in the world that I seriously doubt that we ever felt the need to have.

I am staring at a page which is mostly white and wonder where the stylish forum that I joined has gone. Makes me feel a void.  Also I am not (yet?) aware of how to add a signature , as far as I can tell, at present, this feature is either hidden somewhere that I couldn’t find or has gone altogether.

Edited by milandro

I appreciate the effort. That being said, I definitrly prefer the old layout. It was compact, no nonsense, straight to the point. The new one requires more scrolling to find points of one's interest, and color solution, which would be appropriate for children's site, seems out of whack here. Is it possible to return to the old style? It would be terrific!

I am afraid that the baby was thrown out with the bathwater.

The forum update was not only an aesthetic change but a complete migration to a different software which, very possibly, doesn’t offer that stylish look at all!

Whatever it will be, the tweaks that can be brought about will leave lots to be desired in comparison to the much sleeker look the forum had before.

Not only but now there is a positive discrepancy between forum and Fujirumors site/blog

On 7/9/2018 at 4:58 PM, FX Admin said:

Sorry for that - had some urgent projects thus I wasn't able to finish some tasks.

Now the start page has some modules with current topics, posts and gallery images.

More improvements to come!

Andreas

I don’t know if and when you are coming back to this, but the forum still looks as butt-ugly as it did when it re-appeard in its new unflattering version.

I hope that you are going to follow up on the promise of improvements.

Using this interface feels positively uncomfortable. It is not impossible to use, of course. I’ve posted quite a bit since the “ new look” came to pass, but it really bothers my sense of beauty to  use a mostly white page in this day and age  and more importantly for folks ( photographers) whom value aesthetics (don’t we?).

if this helps you have a heart on the right hand side this is the “ like” button. Childish as it may be seen,  but there you go, like the plethora of emoticons (or emojis as they call them nowadays ) which we now have, is very graphic , but this is the platform that we are using. Lots of symbols , buttons, all lost in a sea of white.

I know it from other fora where I participate and I don’t really like it.

You can also modify the “ theme” (which is the look of the upper bar) by going all the way down and chose between default  (blue bar) and Fuji forum ( also confusingly called default).

This is what it looks like

🤫

Andreas has promised to come back to the look but I am afraid that this is it.

Edited by milandro

On 7/22/2018 at 3:06 PM, milandro said:

Looks like (despite promises to the contrary ) that after all , we are stuck ( for now?) with this rather boring and uninteresting look of a predominately white page.

The old look was one of the major attractions of this place to me. 

Not all changes are for the best.😳

What I don't understand:

If you hate the white space so much, why do you use so much unnecessary empty paragraphs?
With SHIFT-Return you can have a new line without space and with one (1) return you have a paragraph with a small margin.

I've understood that you don't like the white space of the general layout but please accept this.

23 hours ago, claude said:

I can't event  figure it out how to like a post. Very confusing new look ! I agree with milandro . the old one was better.

As milandro said: The small heart is your fried. Did you figure out how it works?

22 hours ago, milandro said:

You can also modify the “ theme” (which is the look of the upper bar) by going all the way down and chose between default  (blue bar) and Fuji forum ( also confusingly called default).

[…]

Andreas has promised to come back to the look but I am afraid that this is it.

Sorry, but now the blue theme is gone too (had no ads and we have to make some income...)

Here I'm back and happy to help if you have issues or questions.

But please accept that the „new forum“ and the „new look“  are here to stay - and they are not so far away from the old version and they have a lot of new features,

For example:

• Have you tried to use the forum via a mobile phone or tablet? Before and after the update?
  • Nice features as mentions @milandro (simply type @ followed by some characters to start searching)
  • Emojis - some hate it some love it: Simply double quote plus keywords like :fuji will offer you Mount Fuji 🗻 (sorry no Fuji cameras)
  • Drag & Drop upload of images - already tried out? The old uploader was a nightmare compared to the new one...
  • Have you tried out to change the start page to a news stream?

Please give new software version a chance. I'm happy to change details where I can.

But I'm not going to switch back to the old software or trying to emulate it...

Regards

Andreas

I don’t like to create blocks of text, I find them unreadable. But we are not here to discuss my graphic style but the one of the forum.

Anyway several members have expressed their dislike which has been met with your : “ Sorry, this is it"

I understood that the new form is here to stay. 

Edited by milandro