Vashnisht

CAM REMOTE app help please—Trouble with Video Recording

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Everyone,

I’m trying to use the FujiFilm phone app: CAM REMOTE with my X100F and while it works well for taking pictures, I am having difficulty with using it for video, which I would really like to do.

While I can do a single focus, when taking pictures, by tapping the screen where I would like to focus, then taking the picture, this does not work in the video mode.

In video mode, it seems the only option is for a continuous focus mode where it is always searching for focus — seems like it is looking for movement and focusing on that. Is there are a way to change it so that I can tap on my phone screen and set a single focus point and NOT have it continuously searching for focus (it makes quite a bit of noise).

Any other apps (for iPhone or Mac) or advice on recording video (being able to control focus and start a video) remotely using the x100f, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Hello Vashnisht. I hope I won't say a blasphemy since I've only used the app to take pictures, never videos. But you could getting a point in focus then set the camera on manual and start filming.

I don't know if you wish to film steady or moving the camera around. Usually you change focus when you point the camera on a certain point, keeping it not moving, for example a person, a face, an object, and so on. In all other cases I think you might only want to close the lens on the minimum diaphragm to keep everything in focus.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t work. When the app is in video mode, it doesn’t keep the focus it had in photo mode — it goes into a constant focusing mode (which seems to be the only option on video mode). I can adjust everything in video mode — the only thing I can’t do, is decide the point of focus. I think what you’re saying about working with Fstop so that most everything is focus is the only solution I’ve come up with so far. The camera is stationary and facing me to work on my video blog and talks that I give. My preference would be to have it focus on my face and then not change focus anymore.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, chose F/22 or about on the lens, so you'll have everything in focus. But, since I never used video mode yet, if you put the camera on manual focusing does the app carry on with continuous focusing?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Nicofit
      Good morning,
      I have a problem with my x-t30
      I'm not able to record any video because after a few second the video is automatically stopped and I can't understand why.
      I can't record more than 8/15 seconds.
      Does anyone know which is the problem?
      Many thanks
      have a nice day
      Nico 
    • By Pasta21
      Hi! 
      I've bought an second hand xt-10 about a year and a half ago and never had any issues with it. but recently I've run into a wierd bug with the apature. So I use my camera fully manual (even manual focus, use the AF-L to focus quickly), and only have one autofocus/auto apature lens. an fuji 27mm f2.8 pancake lens. so recently when I've been using it and stop down the apature from anything but 2.8 I  randomly get this bug when I halfpress the shutter. I get diffrent exposures on the same settings! the pictures below are both 1/160 f5.6 ISO 400 and yet the apature is diffrent. sometimes it gets darker, sometimes brighter, sometimes correct. but it usally stops down darker, and then darker, and darker, and only a restart of the camera will fix it. I don't know if its the body or the lens or a combination. Please would love some help! cheers!

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By NovaLazy
      Hi all, I recently upgraded my X100S to the X100F but then found it's RAW files aren't compatible with my Lightroom 5... So i installed the free Capture One (20.0.4) Express for Fujifilm last night but when i try to import to it, it doesn't recognize RAW or Jpeg...it says there's nothing to import when they're clearly there in the folder i'm pointing to.  I checked and it's definitely the Fujifilm version of Capture Express.  The one thing i did notice is the when i open Capture up it says near the top 'Setting up hardware acceleration' and takes hours to get to 100%...not that i've got that far as after 45 minutes it gets to 52% done and just hangs.... i'm running Capture on a Dell Inspiron 5000 series with Windows 10.  Any help/advice would be most appreciated.  Thanks.
    • Mode B = déclencher et maintenir appuyé pour commencer la prise, relacher quand le temps de pose requis est atteint. Mode T = réglage du temps de pose par la molette arrière.
    • Auto focus definitely better. Image quality should not be visible on real life images. No B&W in camera fine tweaking on the Pro2 nor the latest film simulations. If you shoot RAW and don't need advanced focus modes and fine tuning, Pro2 should be fine.
    • Hi, I'm having some weird issues with the Fringer EF-FX Pro II on my Fuji XT3 and I hope someone can help. When using the adapter with my Canon and Sigma lenses the image on the camera LCD is not showing the correct depth of field for the selected aperture unless I half-press the shutter button. The dof in the image remains wide open unless I half-press the shutter. The exposure of the image is shown correctly and changes accordingly when changing the apertue on the lens, the
    • Follow up... Picked up my camera from the repair shop yesterday. It turns out small particles (rice) got into the camera which jammed the shutter. I enjoy rice but can't figure out how that got into the camera.🤔
    • With so many impressive firmware updates, how does the upgraded X-Pro 2 compare with a new X-Pro 3  in terms of image quality and auto focus usability ? (yes, subjective question) There seem to be a lot of XP2's around looking for a home at attractive prices but I haven't seen a comparison. Dave