White Balance and Exposure shift with X-T2 and AD200

Hi there, I've just bought a Godox AD200 with an XPro F trigger, and I'm looking for some help to understand why I get a color and exposure shift while using TTL vs. using it on manual mode, using the same settings.

I'm attaching an example to explain the current behavior:

- The image on the top has been taken with TTL

- The image on the bottom has been taken in manual mode.  I've used the TTL-Convert-Manual (TCM) function to convert the first shot TTL settings to manual mode. 

I would expect the images to be the same since, in theory, I'm using the same settings. 

But there's a big color difference and also about a half a stop difference regarding exposure.

Color temperature:

- There's a difference of 700k from what I can see on Lightroom (the TTL image reports 5900 on the  Temp slider while the manual image reports 5200 on the Temp slider)

- There is also a minimal difference in the Tint slider (10 for the TTL image vs. 15 for the manual image)

Exposure:

- To get the image taken in manual mode to look the same regarding exposure, I have to increase the exposure by about +0,45   

Some additional info:

- I'm using Auto White Balance

- Shutter speed 200. Aperture 8. I've taken a test shot, and there's no ambient light affecting the images

- I'm using the AD200 without any modifier pointed to the ceiling to bounce the light

- The histogram on the left is from the top image (TTL). The histogram on the right is from the bottom image (manual)

- I'm using a Fuji X-T2 with the Godox XPro F trigger

Here's a link to the RAW images in case you want to compare them:

Are these differences between TTL mode and Manual mode expected, even using the same settings?  

Thanks in advance

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Carlos Mendes

• 1 year later...

Hi, Carlos. I found your older thread, because I made the same experience. 

X-T2, 2x AD 2oo in brolly boxes, X-Pro2 as trigger and a huge color shift when using TCM. In TTL, I got clean colors, converted to manual, I got a massive blueish colorcast. And again, AWB, and I guess, that could be the reason. Didn't had time on the shoot to switch to 5600 K as WB. But I will test it asap. 

Mario

Edited by MarioM