What to look for when buying used Fujinon lens

Emgr

I'm going to look at a used fujinon 27mm 2.8 tomorrow. I'm bringing my x-t10 to test to see if it's working properly.

Does anyone have some tips for what to look for in terms of spotting if the lens is not functioning properly?

The seller says it hasn't been used much.

Thanks!

Just take some pictures with it. The 27mm is a simple lens, mechanically. It's got an aperture control and a focus motor that racks the entire lens assembly back and forth. There's really nothing exotic to look for. If it focuses and stops down properly, and the pictures look good, you're set.

And with a basic lens design like this, it's extremely unlikely that anything will be wrong with it.

Note: the lens cap will not fit properly. If it even comes with a lens cap (the seller hasn't already lost it), don't be surprised if you lose the cap within the first month or so. Me, I just do without a lens cap. If you are compulsive about lens caps, I suggest you order a replacement right now -- but not a Fujifilm cap.

Edited by Doug Pardee