Sign in to follow this  
Icarus

DISPLAY LOCK

I recently bought the GFX 50s with a 32-64 lens and am getting used to the new technique that medium format brings. However after a couple of days working on practice settings and photographs, I found the review display froze and would not let me take the next picture until I pressed the rear display back button. Nothing seemed to clear this problem and eventually the autofocus stopped working. Turning the camera off and on did not clear it s eventually I did a full reset which seems to have fixed the problem - is it me or has anyone else come across this problem please - and found a simpler solution ?

Guest Him

1) Did you try removal of battery, and then reinsert? That is much less hassle than a reset! 2) Have you got the latest firmware updates for lens (1.0) and camera (3.10). 

I recently bought the GFX 50s with a 32-64 lens and am getting used to the new technique that medium format brings. However after a couple of days working on practice settings and photographs, I found the review display froze and would not let me take the next picture until I pressed the rear display back button. Nothing seemed to clear this problem and eventually the autofocus stopped working. Turning the camera off and on did not clear it s eventually I did a full reset which seems to have fixed the problem - is it me or has anyone else come across this problem please - and found a simpler solution ?

Hi, I received my gfx 2 weeks ago. I had the same problem. Sometimes I could take multiple photos and other times the evf and lcd went black after one shot. I would have to turn it on and off to take a second shot. I called fuji support and they had me reset everything but it still wouldn't work so I returned the camera and am waiting on a replacement. I was using the 32-64 lens also.

Sharon

Guest Him

Did you get your issue sorted? I have not experienced display lock, but I have decided anyway to sell my zoom and probably buy the 250mm lens. I was at a Red Bull air race with the 110mm, would have preferred the extra reach.

Guest Him

I'm still waiting for my replacement camera from B&H. 

Hope it fixes your issue, when it arrives.