Telephoto lens ?

komodo

Hi,

could you recomend telephoto lens for XT10 ? I know there are some 400mm Tamron, but i want zom.

Is there any zoom tele lens ? Manual aperture and manual focus.

Something between 100-400.

Thanks

Martin

I think that it may depend on the sport you are photographing. I shoot my grandsons playing Lacrosse and use the Fuji 100-400 and feel I need all that reach. With sports like football and lacrosse, soccer, the sport is very fast and moves up and down the field. For these, I usually just plant myself at the 50yd line and shoot a way, using all the 400 mm whenever the play is at a distant corner. The 100-400 is too much sometimes as the players run right in front of you, and with the kids games, the team meets in the middle of the field after the game to shake hands and hand out Player of the game awards. He, I quickly change over to my 18-135 to catch those times, although now, I picked up  an X-A3 for the wider lens, so I don't have to change lens out in the open with wind or rain. 

• 3 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, komodo said:

What about Sigma 70-400 ? 400 is enough for me, but will it work with Fuji ? I mean som lens where i can set aperture and focus manualy. Is there anybody who has some experiences with it ?

I have the Fuji 55-200 and am very happy with it , but I also want something longer at times .

I understand that FRINGER and some others now have adapters for Fuji cameras which allow FULL AUTO functions for  Canon and Nikon  lenses , as well as the Sigma and Tamron's ( with Canon/Nikon mounts )

According to Fringer , some of them may NOT be compatible , so check .

PS: The Fuji 100-400 just went on sale for $ 1599 ( $300 off ) so that may be a deciding factor for you as well  

Komodo, is plenty of zooms that work with Fuji with the right adapters. But keep in mind the longer the focal, the more the difficulty to use it by hand.
For example, check this Asahi Pentax, the 85-210: https://www.flickr.com/photos/144829918@N02/albums/72157675654758400

It depends on what you're looking for. I'm fond the the Asahis, but check also Nikon, Canon, Tokina and so on.