Hello Guys

My name is Amir, I'm a Photographer from Iran.
I recently Joined this Community because I need your advice or opinion on a situation here.

I'm a film shooter and recently I decided to buy a Fujifilm X Camera. I mainly do Landscapes, along with some portraits and street.

I'm on a tight budget (roughly 1100$) and new Fuji products are very expensive here! (more than their normal price worldwide!) so I'm not in a good financial position to buy a Fuji X-T2...

But recently I came across two options here. one is a brand new Fujifilm X-T1+18-55 kit lens around 800$ price tag (special offer) and the other one is a used X-T20+18-55 kit lens (roughly 2000 shots) around 950$.

Depending on my needs, which one do you suggest? I'm planning to go with it for a minimum of 3 years so its a crucial choice for me here and also the weather sealing is a real deal breaker for me.

what do you suggest? what should I do?

do you need the 24Mp?

I doubt it.

The race to a larger Pixel count makes very little sense, to me.

This is of course a widely unpopular viewpoint and you will NO doubt hear that ( often times from people who never print any larger than 30 x 40 cm) that to shoot their kinds or the flowers in the back garden it is absolutely paramount to have as many pixels as possible, just in case you would want to crop to 1/4 size of the image or to print to lager than 2m on the long side although they only ever watch their images on their laptop or tablet.

Look at this video.

so....

I have a X-T1 and I have not seen ANY reason to buy any larger Mp count sensor .

I will only buy another camera when my camera breaks down and it has been serving me for nearly 5 years now.

Edited by milandro

I would buy the X-T1. As you're buying new I expect there's a warranty in case there's a manufacturing defect. The 18-55 zoom has image stabilization and good autofocus. If you buy a used lens how long will it take for you to know if there is a problem? I would buy the new one.

I have two X-T1s and see no reason to upgrade them as long as they continue to work.  Buy the X-T1.  It's a competent body and will remain so for a long time to come.   Once upon a time, technology progressed at a rate that, to stay competitive, you HAD to upgrade your gear about every three years.  That is no longer the case, and improvements are evolutionary not revolutionary.  Quite honestly, a 12mp body remains competent today for the majority of photographers and what they do.  I also have a Phase One 645 with a 28mp Leaf back, and quite honestly it's files are overkill for anything I do.  Don't misunderstand, I love that equipment and the file size; but the truth is I don't NEED it.  My 16pm X-T1s are perfectly competent. 

Hello, I had similar dilema recently, and decided to buy x-t1 because the fact that it has weather-sealed body (dust, splash, freeze proof down to -10°C), larger viewfinder than x-t20, more manual controls with a separate ISO dial and can be equipped with grip with extra battery.

I think that x-t20 will be better for shooting fast moving subjects - as it has more af points. If you like touchscreens it also coul be an advantage.

Edited by truprzemo
grammar correction