• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 amirhoseinabedian

amirhoseinabedian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

Hello Guys

My name is Amir, I'm a Photographer from Iran.
I recently Joined this Community because I need your advice or opinion on a situation here.

I'm a film shooter and recently I decided to buy a Fujifilm X Camera. I mainly do Landscapes, along with some portraits and street.

I'm on a tight budget (roughly 1100$) and new Fuji products are very expensive here! (more than their normal price worldwide!) so I'm not in a good financial position to buy a Fuji X-T2...

But recently I came across two options here. one is a brand new Fujifilm X-T1+18-55 kit lens around 800$ price tag (special offer) and the other one is a used X-T20+18-55 kit lens (roughly 2000 shots) around 950$.

Depending on my needs, which one do you suggest? I'm planning to go with it for a minimum of 3 years so its a crucial choice for me here and also the weather sealing is a real deal breaker for me.

what do you suggest? what should I do?

#2 milandro

milandro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:27 AM

do you need the 24Mp?

I doubt it.

The race to a larger Pixel count makes very little sense, to me.

This is of course a widely unpopular viewpoint and you will NO doubt hear that ( often times from people who never print any larger than 30 x 40 cm) that to shoot their kinds or the flowers in the back garden it is absolutely paramount to have as many pixels as possible, just in case you would want to crop to 1/4 size of the image or to print to lager than 2m on the long side although they only ever watch their images on their laptop or tablet.

Look at this video.

so....

I have a X-T1 and I have not seen ANY reason to buy any larger Mp count sensor .

I will only buy another camera when my camera breaks down and it has been serving me for nearly 5 years now.

Edited by milandro, 15 May 2018 - 09:29 AM.

the popular expression wishful thinking is an oxymoron!

To all TAPATALK users

As a form of courtesy towards your fellow users of this forum, PLEASE remove the obnoxious tapatalk signature, it adds nothing to anyone’s contribution and it is only a sneaky way used by tapatalk to push their product by polluting each forum participant with promoting their products with unpaid advertising for their software and the brand of your phone. Removing it is easy and it is an act of courtesy that shows respect for all those whom are annoyed by this pointless feature. This is not a personal attack to you, the annoyance is caused by tapatalk and the phone or tablet brands, they are getting all the exposure and you gain nothing by this.

#3 lleo

lleo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

Go for the T1

#4 Ben Bishop

Ben Bishop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:45 AM

I would buy the X-T1. As you're buying new I expect there's a warranty in case there's a manufacturing defect. The 18-55 zoom has image stabilization and good autofocus. If you buy a used lens how long will it take for you to know if there is a problem? I would buy the new one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: X-T1, X-T20, Landscape, 2018, Fujifilm, XT1, XT20

x

Registration is free

Not registered? Really?

Discover the full potential of the Fuji X Forum... register now!
Registration is free and done in a few minutes!

As registered member you can discuss, post your questions and present your images.
And get in contact with Fuji X photographers worldwide!

We are looking forward to you!

The Fuji X Forum Team

Register Close