X-T2 Third Party Batteries

My X-T2 arrived today and I began the search for spare batts looking for the NP-126S vs the NP-126 "non S" aka X-T1.  I realize the X-T1 batts can be used but I'm having difficulty finding non-Fuji batts specifically for the X-T2.  All of the usual suspects such as Wasabi, Watson, Adorama's Green Machine etc for the X-T2 are all labeled NP-126.  

Am I missing something? Thanks

could this help you?

http://ultralightphotography.net/gear/fuji-cameras/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-np-w126-batteries/

“..If you want the ultimate performance or you do a lot of 4K video recording or continuous shooting, NP-W126S is clearly the winner. That said, some of the third party batteries are very close to the Fujifilm’s original in performance, while they cost only a fraction of the price..."

My X-T2 arrived today and I began the search for spare batts looking for the NP-126S vs the NP-126 "non S" aka X-T1.  I realize the X-T1 batts can be used but I'm having difficulty finding non-Fuji batts specifically for the X-T2.  All of the usual suspects such as Wasabi, Watson, Adorama's Green Machine etc for the X-T2 are all labeled NP-126.  

Am I missing something? Thanks

Don't waste your money (or risk damaging your camera) with the third-party batteries; most of them don't work very well.

I have 2 Fuji batteries and 6 non Fuji batteries, Wasabi brand via Amazon.  True, they do not last as long as the Fuji batteries maybe 50-70%, but they are only 1/3 the price for 2 batteries and the charger!  I've had no issues with them.  I'll usually keep the Fuji batteries for the X-T2 body and the Wasabi ones for the grip.  Granted I'm not using this camera for professional work, as I have my Canon full frame gear for that (weddings, portraits)

I've also used the Wasabi brand in my Sony A6000 for a few years now also with no issues.

• 9 months later...

Took me  awhile to find this post on batteries, the link posted by Milandro was very helpful.

I have used my X-T2 for almost 2 years  and the FUJIFILM 126s, included with the kit is still the best battery.

I have always used aftermarket batteries with generally OK performance with my Pentax and Canon gear but the Fujifilm XT2  "eats" batteries during a shoot, so I always carry at least  4 when I go out.  One important thing is that I don't use the video function which is the biggest reason all cameras overheat. 

The aftermarket batteries will usually give me about 75% of the shots as the OEM but that was not an issue. What was ? Swelling due to overheating . But it is not brand specific.

As mentioned in the link many brands are made in the same Chinese factories so the quality cannot be determined by the "Brand" .

Using a brand with a good reputation has one advantage. The company will usually have a guarantee.

Out of the 8 aftermarket batteries I purchased, I discarded 2 after a years use due to slightly swelling. Once this happens I don't re install them in the camera, but I got good use out of them for under $20 total cost. Others of the same brand are still working OK but I do notice that the number of shots going down. I will eventually take those  out of rotation, but charge them as backups on long trips.

I number, date, and rotate batteries . A practice started when shooting pro, years ago. 

I changed brand with my replacements and one of them started swelling after a short time in the rotation . But the difference was the Brand (Kastar) , when I reported the problem they replaced it without the need of returning the bad one. 

Swelling will not usually cause a problem if you find it early. The first indication is when ejecting you need to tap the body after pushing the release tab. The easiest way to tell if the battery is swollen . Lay it on a flat surface on its side. If it rocks ,even a little bit it's swollen. Also if it spins like a top, It's swollen. If you continue to use the battery it can swell more and be difficult to remove from the camera , don't let this happen.

The first batteries were Bonacell purchased on E-bay  under $10 each The Kastar batteries were a little more .

After reading the info in the link I will make my next replacements Watson ($19 - 26) from a variety of vendors. The review after testing was very good.

This forum is great ,but sometimes hard to find subjects that address issues you have.

• 7 months later...