Baseplate / L Plate for X-H1?

I just ordered an X-H1 and was wondering what everyone is using for baseplate or L-Plate.  

For my X-Pro2, I'm using Fuji's MHG-XPRO2 hand grip.

For my X-E2, I'm using Fuji's MHG-XE hand grip.

For my X-100F, I have the Really Right Stuff baseplate with removable L bracket.

Really Right Stuff apparently will offer a baseplate / L-plate for the X-H1, but it hasn't been released yet.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/X-H1-Plates

Kirk has one out, for roughly 140 bucks or so. As an L- Plate is just a mechanical piece of metal, which with todays technology can be made much more easily than in the past, I will not pay such a premium price. I wait for a cheap China made l- bracket for 25 bucks. Have been doing that for years now, for many cameras. Wiht one exception (where I had to buy a second one), only good experiences and loads of money saved.

However, at this point, no cheap l- bracket available for the X-H1.

• 2 weeks later...

Kirk has one out, for roughly 140 bucks or so. As an L- Plate is just a mechanical piece of metal, which with todays technology can be made much more easily than in the past, I will not pay such a premium price. I wait for a cheap China made l- bracket for 25 bucks. Have been doing that for years now, for many cameras. Wiht one exception (where I had to buy a second one), only good experiences and loads of money saved.

However, at this point, no cheap l- bracket available for the X-H1.

Back in April, I received what I believe was the first L Plate Kirk Enterprises delivered for the X-H1. It is an object of beauty, with some great features such has a small Allen Key (supplied)  holder under the long side of the plate which also has a place to attach a Peak Design Anchor Link. I also appreciate the perfect clearance there is in between the short side of the plate and the camera, to allow easy opening of the connector door.  Pricey but well worth it !

Edited by MJarry

Pierre is that a Fuji eyepiece surround?

Hi Mike,

yes this is a Fuji model. It is compatible with X-T1 / X-T2 / X-H1 and GFX. I tried it with X-T1 and X-T2 but there are 2 problems :

1/ screen can't move easily, The eyecup is on the way of the screen

2/ It's not easy to use a Lensmate thumbrest with this eyecup

It works great ont the X-H1 because the EVF is not as close to the screen as on X-T1/T2. I think this eyecup is the better choice for X-H1, It is softer than the orginal eyecup and it is very adapted for use with glasses.

180525093144722631.jpg 

I ordered the RRS plate over the Kirk and I'll tell you why, the RRS's profile mirrors the entire base of the camera essentially extending the grip area following all the contours. One other thing I like is that they included a second threaded accessory hole opposite the grip. What this does is allow a balanced connection point for a swivel clip such as the Black Rapid has. I've owned both the Peak Design straps with their large clips and button dongles, I do like that the camera hangs in the same orientation with that system as there are two connection points. I do prefer the Black Rapid action and the RRS connection placement surprisingly keeps my rig hanging in the same orientation every time due to the offset receptacle (right below the focus mode dial) 

My EC-GFX eyecup arrived today, and I agree with Pierre a better bet!

My take on Pierre's tip! Well done Pierre!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Mike G

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

SmallRig makes affordable versions for the X-H1 with and without the grip. You won't find these on Amazon or B&H at this time but can order them direct from smallrig.com. Both include built-in tools for fastening the L-plate to the grip or body.