XH-1 noise

Hi,  new to this group and the XH-1.  I've been a professional newspaper photographer for a very long time but for the past 12 years I have been working as a freelance shooting mainly with Canon cameras.  I also shoot with Canon video cameras along with my DJI drones.  I am fully CAA qualified to use the drones.  I have also been shooting for the past 4 years with the Fuji Xpro 1 but I have just bought the new XH-1.

Initial thoughts are really impressed with the new camera,  quite a beast to use along side my Canon 5d mkII's.

Only one issue at the moment that I would like some advice on please.

When shooting video the onboard microphones are picking up the constant mechanical noise that the camera is making.  This noise is present when in stills mode as well.

I thought it sounded like lens Image Stabilisation but it is still there even when IS is switched off.  At present I have turned internal mics off and am using an external microphone.  This works well.

Even so it would still be good to know if this constant noise is normal.  In which case the internal microphones are useless to even capture ambient sound.

It maybe that there is a menu item that I have overlooked.

Any advice would be great

thank you...John James

my website (none Fuji I'm afraid) is :  www.johnjames.net

Fuji's linear motors in some lenses also make a constant noise, which is similar to the IBIS noise.  

An external mic is always better than an internal mic, no matter what camera you're using.  It seems the only thing the internal mic is good for is syncing audio with an external recorder.

Only one issue at the moment that I would like some advice on please.

When shooting video the onboard microphones are picking up the constant mechanical noise that the camera is making.  This noise is present when in stills mode as well.

I thought it sounded like lens Image Stabilisation but it is still there even when IS is switched off.