• 2 weeks later...

I use the both the WCL and TCL often for all kind of pictures. The WCL is very handy, with the TCL the camera get a bit off balance. If you buy new and if you don't realy need a leaf shutter then go for the X-E3. Fujifilm offers very nice glasses for all purposes! 

• 10 months later...
On 5/10/2018 at 10:25 PM, cug said:

Regarding experience: it makes the camera feel frigging HUGE. I liked the results but I didn't like the size. If TCL use is a regular thing, I'd rather take an X-E3 (or even an X-Pro2) with 35/1.4. 

I like the results from the TCL, but I don't like to use it. It feels very clumsy and bulky. YMMV.

• 2 months later...

As for user experience, I tried it on for a couple of days: I didnt like the bokeh (quite nasty), but more importantly the camera becomes totally clumsy and out of balance, and loses the ease of use. I eventually prefered using the digital tele over the TCL, the difference in quality wasnt even that big on lower F stops. All in all, the price tag didnt really make sense for me in the end: I rather bought an actual 50mm (35mm) lens for the same price and bought a new body, rather than investing in a dead-end gimmick that I cannot use on any other camera :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am a big fan of the TCL for portraits. The sharpness is unaffected and the focal length and compression are idea.  My hands are big so the converter actually makes the camera easier to hold. I don't know what they are going for but I purchased mine on Amazon a few years back for $200.00 when it was on sale. Best purchase I made.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 4:02 PM, paul said:

Anyone have samples of shooting portraits with the TCL?    Looking for out of focus experience and sharpness.   What has been your experience?   Any examples would be fantastic.   Thanks!

This shot was taken on the streets of Memphis, TN with the the TCL on the X100F. I have more if you like. I take candid portraits with both the TCL on and off and have great experience. With the image quality. This photo used the in-camera ACROS Film Simulation and was processed in Lightroom 6. Hope this helps.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!