Next Rangefinder-like camera?

verysame

If I'm not mistaken, the number of Fujis with DSLRs style are more than the Rangefinder style ones.

The last pro model was the X-Pro2, which is still a terrific camera. And, at a cheaper cost, we have the X-3.

That said, I don't see rumors about any next camera with a rangefinder style.

Are, by chance, this type of camera less profitable or what?

I tried the X-T10, the X-T2, great cameras, but I always go back to the X-E1, I just prefer the EVF on the left over the centered solution much better.

There's so much talk about new features, IBIS, and whatnot for the new cameras, but no mention of any rangefinder.

Any idea why?

Personally, what I would like to see in the next X-E(x) is zero latency and no blackout in the EVF, no idea if that is achievable though.

That would definitely be the biggest selling point for me.

Edited by verysame

Well, I haven't tried the X-E3, one of the things I don't think I would like is the touchscreen, never been a fan.

Regardless, what I'm looking for is right at the end of my initial post: "zero latency and no blackout in the EVF".

But like I said, I don't know if that's even doable in an X-E(x) body with that price range.

Edited by verysame

I recently bought and XE3 with the 23mm lens.  I've owned an XP1 for a couple years now and and XT1 for a few months (both bought from BH when they were at their rock bottom close out pricing).  I briefly owned an X100S but the seller sent me a gray market version (*that's* why it was cheap) but I returned it.

The XE3, in spite of the lack of the cool OVF in the XP and X100 cameras, is just stupidly good.  Looks great, shoots great, and with a $25 chicom L plate grip, is easy to use the larger lenses (at least my 55-200 and 10-24).

I have little need to try another of the X100 cameras but they are great for a one trick pony (meaning non-interchangeable lenses) and are the best looking rangefinder styled camera Fuji makes IMO.