Sign in to follow this  
joust1154

XT1 LCD shutting off when articulated downwards

Hi, so I shoot mostly using the LCD, from the hip, and I encountered a program today with my XT1's. Somewhat similar to an old post: https://www.fuji-x-forum.com/topic/1948-x-t1-lcd-fails-when-articulated/

But my situation is a little different. When my LCD is completely flush, in the normal position against the body, it will be totally blacked out/looking like it's off. I've cycled the 'viewmode' and nothing has helped. I did a factory reset and updated the firmware. But I believe I have a body-to-LCD ribbon short.

If I pull the LCD away it will work, but only in a limited range. From angled slightly upwards to completely flat facing upwards to the sky. If it's totally parallel with the body to facing downs toward the ground, the LCD will black out/turn off. I can still take photos when it's like this though. 

I'm pretty sure it's a short in the ribbon — if I push the ribbon around very gently, the screen will go on and off. But anyway, I would like to put this problem out there and see if anyone has encountered it before. The camera has seen a lot of use in the last 3 years, but no drops/damage. Luckily the EVF works normally and used XT1s are pretty cheap now. 

Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jongrall
      I've been using Fuji X-series cameras for a few years now, and have owned several of them.
      I would like to know how to report a camera firmware bug with Fuji, and also how to submit firmware feature requests so that it reaches the right people in the US or Japan. Does anyone know how I can do this?
      So far I've tried submitting via the official contact form here: https://www.fujifilmusa.com/support/ServiceSupportContactForm.do?catid=464128&prodcat=234644
      However, that just resulted in a generic "please call this phone number" response. I called the number they recommended, and got passed to Fujifilm Corporate in Valhalla, NY, where my inquiry dead-ended since I don't know who to ask for in their phone system. Ideally, this would be sent via email anyway.
      I must say, for a company that prides itself on continuously improving its firmware, I find it a little surprising that Fuji doesn't seem to make it easy for users to report bugs and send feedback on their products.
      Does anyone know how to get in touch with Fuji? Furthermore, once we have this information, perhaps it would be a good idea for this community to post a pinned discussion on how to contact the company with bugs and feature suggestions?
    • By Carlo CJOC
      Hi!
      I need help, my XE2 automatically shuts down whenever I am trying to do a wireless transfer via application. The connection lasts for 30sec. or so and transfers 1 - 3 Image and then shuts down.
      *Its not the battery since it only shuts down whenever I do a wireless transfer?
      Thanks!!!
    • By yukosteel
      Initial lens review of Viltrox 85mm F1.8 lens on Fujifilm X-T30 camera.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.  
    • By yukosteel
      Article on Lens Review - 7Artisans 60mm F2.8 1:1 Macro with Fuji X-T30 camera.
      Image samples on 7Artisans 60mm F2.8 lens Flickr group.
      Article on disassembly, focus calibration of 7Artisans 60mm F2.8 lens

• By yukosteel
      After moving to Fuji X system I extensively used large number of Trans-X bodies and XF lens. Most of them perform excellent optically and very good mechanically. I think Fuji is doing great job designing and supporting gear.
      The only thing is bothering me all the time - if the electronics is dead lens typically becomes fully unusable. There are numerous third party or adapted fully manual lens that solve that concern. But what if I want to keep using my favorite Fuji optics mechanically? I've performed numerous attempts and discovered potential of converting XF 35mm F1.4 and XF 27mm F2.8, and recently found highly satisfying result of adapting Fujinon XF 27mm F2.8 that requires relatively low effort.
      Here's resulting article explaining what can you do with electronically dead Fujinon XF 27mm F2.8 lens to bring it back to life in much more compact frame of Industar 50-2.
      Alternatively you can also use adapted Fuji XF 27mm F2.8 lens on other APS-C cameras like Sony or Canon.