Speed test Luminar Jupiter update- article

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All,

I spent the last couple weeks throwing tough files (Fuji X-Trans 24MP, Sony 42MP) at the Luminar Jupiter update that was officially released yesterday (12 April) Skylum gave me an advance copy to do the testing so I wrote a review of this new release of Luminar, which I just posted on my blog and was also picked up by PetaPixel.

I did my testing on an averagely equipped laptop and a fast desktop, both Macs. I have been hearing that Windows users aren't seeing speed increases as dramatic as on Mac platform. In case you saw Skylum's charts in their marketing, they make it look faster than my real world tests. But in all fairness, I don't know how they conducted their tests. I did mine with a digital stopwatch.

I also covered most of the other significant changes in the update. BTW, this update is free to current owners of Luminar 2018. In my article I also have links and codes that allow you to piggyback discounts if you have an interest in purchasing or upgrading from the 2017 version. Skylum is also including a bunch of extra freebies, many of which look useful.

Hope you like the review- the data part is empirical but of course I express my opinions about other aspects, both positive and not positive.

Joel

Edited by AZWolf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Dimitrisot
      Hello there! I am a new buyer on Fujifilm. I own the X-S10 5 days. 
      I shoot compressed and uncompressed stills. 
      I have adjust setting for wired connection and set menu to USB CARD READER. 
      When i open the Fujifilm file on my PC i can see only JPGs and not my RAW FILES.  I use a Sandisk SDXC extreme pro 64GB, UHS - 1, U-3, V-30 memory card. 
      (I used a card reader too. I can view only jpgs too. See the foto below).
      Am i doing something wrong?
      The camera body is updated to 2.10.

• By hirsebrei19
      Heyho everybody, 
      Since lately I'm a quite impressed and happy owner of the Fujifilm X-T4. Especially the option to power the camera via USB-C and powerbank is awesome for long timelapse shoots. But the playback speed when reviewing the timelapse is annoyingly slow. When I use the front dial I'm able to scroll way faster then by pressing and holding the joystick but, as my finger is limited in size, I have to reposition it and the playback interrupts, ergo no smooth playback. So is there any way to scroll faster through a lot of images? Any menu listing or workaround? For a camera capable of shooting 15fps continuous, it seems like a basic feature to have or am I missing something?
      Thanks in advance & sorry for my bad English
    • By Raw confused
      Hello everyone. Hope anyone can guide me as what are the settings to AVOID in order not to be kicked out of RAW heaven?
      I find it confusing....
    • By widespace
      Hello
      I bought a new Fuji X-T3 and went to take some pictures, JPG + RAF.  I used two SIM cards (one as a backup).  When I got back home, I started uploading all of them to my computer (Mac).  I removed the main SIM card from the camera and plugged it into a multi/card reader, the same way I always do.  There were in total: RAF = 147 photos, and JPG = 159 photos.  I was able to upload: RAF = 75 photos (51%), and JPG = 117 photos (74%).  After those photos were uploaded, an error message appeared in the screen: THE FINDER CAN’T COMPLETE THE OPERATION BECAUSE SOME DATA IN (NAME OF THE NEXT PICTURE) CAN’T BE READ OR WRITTEN. ERROR CODE -36.  No more photos were uploaded, even when I tried several times.  I also tried doing the process one photo at a time, and also repeated the process with the second SIM card.  Same results.
      Thinking that the two SIM cards were corrupted or damaged at the same time (???), I then tried to format and take some more pictures with another SIM card and to upload them to the computer.  The same situation and exact message came up over.  I am able to see all the pictures (RAF & JPG) directly from the SIM cards connected to the Mac, I just can’t upload them to it.  My frustration is that 51% of the RAF, and 74% of the JPG photos were already uploaded using the same method, devices, computer, etc., without any problem, and then just stopped.
      What can I do or check for?  Is that something to do with the way the camera store the photos in the SIM card?  Again, it performed as expected PARTIALLY, and then stopped!
      Thank you for your advise.

• By hillytimes
      My X-Pro2 isn't giving me the option to switch between Jpeg to RAW/Jpeg, within 'image quality' I'm just given 'Normal' and 'Fine'. Can anyone help?