Hello from Georgia

soboy

Greetings from Roswell, GA.  I've been into photography since the 1960's, Long time Nikon user, just switched to Fuji.  I sold some images with the Nikon and have really enjoyed using it.  I'm giving it to my son who has a keen interest in photography and a good eye.  Thought about getting a full frame Nikon but just could not deal with the size and weight.  I've been fascinated with what Fuji is doing to advance digital photography ever since using an original X100 that belonged to a fellow photographer.  Decided to make the Fuji jump when I picked up a new, USA legal X-T1 and the 2.8 kit lens (not like any kit lens I've ever seen before, this baby impresses in all respects).   The deal seemed to be "too good to be true", got the camera and lens for $899 from B&H.   First round of sooc test shots blew me away - bokeh is incredible, as is image quality and the colors are amazing.  Camera feels perfect in my hands and this is the nicest piece of kit I've owned in a long time.  Could not be happier with my choice.  Looking forward to participating here and learning a lot.  Here is the first sooc test shot I took in classic chrome, everything else default camera jpeg.  I have already bonded with the Fuji!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Soboy,

I am new too and sounds like we have a somewhat similar background.  I started shooting Nikon's in the 60's as well, shot weddings with a D3 and D700 with big glass and speed lights, added digital MF with Pentax and finally decided I was too old to be carrying so much weight.  I got the original x100 when it came out just because it stirred such nostalgia but finally last year I put all the Nikon and Pentax gear on eBay and now shoot all Fuji, all the time with X-Pro2, X-E3 and GFX.  I love the analog handling, the weight, the glass and the image quality.  And Fuji's responsiveness to their users is unparalleled IMHO.  Photography heaven.  (avatar is a self portrait shot with GFX and 110 f2).

Paul