Battery Charging from USB Power Bank?

• 2 weeks later...

Patona/Wasabi have some of the super handy traveler battery chargers, comes with micro and regular USB ports, AC port and cable for both AC and car ligther.

I have been using my old powerbank (5200 mah) as my 4 and 5th battery. If I know beforehand that I will have a super long shooting day, I take out the 20000 mah Limefuel.

Patona/Wasabi have some of the super handy traveler battery chargers, comes with micro and regular USB ports, AC port and cable for both AC and car ligther.

I have been using my old powerbank (5200 mah) as my 4 and 5th battery. If I know beforehand that I will have a super long shooting day, I take out the 20000 mah Limefuel.

i usually see Patona in Europe and Canada. in the States, we only get the Wasabi offerings. are you saying Patona/Wasabi have chargers with the micro/USB port? i'm tried to find one from Wasabi to see if they have one with a 2 batt combo.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk)

i usually see Patona in Europe and Canada. in the States, we only get the Wasabi offerings. are you saying Patona/Wasabi have chargers with the micro/USB port? i'm tried to find one from Wasabi to see if they have one with a 2 batt combo.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk)

The Patona has them for certain, I have one in my possession. As for the Wasabi, I was told on another forum that they are cousin/sister/whatever company of Wasabi, thus should have the same things but just re-branded.

BUT upon closer inspection from what I can see on Amazon.com, it doesn't look like the Wasabi chargers have the extra ports like you can see here, it's on the 4th picture.

In short, I can confirm that Patona has the traveler friendly charger but Wasabi doesn't seems to.

I have one of these that I got from Amazon that I use when I'm travelling. I've found it reliable enough that I don't bother with the standard charger when I'm travelling. I have charged batteries in it using an Anker power pack (I have the E4).

• 1 year later...

The battery charger that I have used is bestek 300w power inverter. Connecting this inverter with my car cigarette lighter charger outlet, I have acquired how to charge camera battery in safe way. Since I just know how to use, but don't know more details about this tool. Maybe you can search bestemall on Google to catch more information about this inverter. Wish this point is helpful to you.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I use a OAproda (Don’t see it anymore on Amazon) with my GoalZero panel when I’m out for extended periods. I also have a Anker battery pack that works well with it. It does work connected to my solar panel, daisy chaining two work better. The best method is changing the backup batteries the use them with the USB battery charging your USB Fujifilm battery changer at bedtime, keep it warm in your sleeping bag with you to get a fully changed, cold interferes with changing.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by ader0101
Add image

• 6 months later...
On 6/30/2015 at 10:38 PM, typeronin said:

Anyone use something to charge their batteries with a USB power bank?

I'm looking at this: http://www.amazon.com/OAproda%C2%AE-NP-W126-Portable-FUJIFILM-Camcorder/dp/B00QLHDMX8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1435683932&sr=8-4&keywords=usb+np-w126

Well, the worst that can happen is I waste $9 and maybe a $10 battery.

you can use any powerbank with "USB C-PD output" to run the camera or charge the battery in-camera . hope this helps . have a nice day !