Fuji Connect

Chas

Is this for something new you have bought?

I have registered my stuff via fujifilmxworld.com, but I have heard that Fuji connect is the way of the future. Certainly I can’t find a link to it? Maybe Fuji UK hasn’t got the memo yet! It took them ages to recognise an X-T2 VPBG!

Here is the text of the email

A very important change to our warranty registration process for digital cameras and lenses comes into effect today, 5 April 2018. Following feedback from our customers we are proud to launch FUJIFILM Connect – a website that lets FUJIFILM X Series and GFX system photographers register their equipment for warranty, arrange repairs and provides you with everything you need to know as a Fujifilm owner, in one place.

The new FUJIFILM Connect website will replace our existing online warranty registration form. If you have already registered products that are still within the warranty period for your country of purchase, don’t worry, this remains unaffected and you will still be eligible for the remaining warranty. However, we recommend that you create a new account on FUJIFILM Connect and upload details of your existing Fujifilm kit and receipt for safe keeping. If you purchase any new digital camera equipment in the future, you will need to register this on FUJIFILM Connect for warranty purposes.

FUJIFILM Connect will be replacing the current FUJIFILM X World website which is due to close on 30 April 2018. If you have taken advantage of the free 5GB cloud storage on FUJIFILM X World, we strongly recommend that you create a backup of these images as soon as possible.

Register at FUJIFILM Connect now by visiting

www.fujifilm-connect.com

Thanks Chas, I have managed to sign up for this new site, had to go down the forgotten password route! But of course it won’t let me register all of my stuff, which is bloody frustrating, especially as the site doesn’t say why!

Edited by Mike G

I had a similar email (I'm also in the UK). Mine had a link in it to set a password for the new Connect site. I hit the link, set a password and - the screen went blank. It must be a glitch. I closed the screen, went to the main FujifilmConnect site and found that I had in fact been logged in. My profile page was pretty bare: they hadn't carried over any information except my name and the last few items I'd registered for warranty. I'm interested to hear, Mike G, that it won't allow you to register all your stuff - so I won't even try! I have, however, gone to the old FujifilmXWorld site and printed off my full equipment list for safekeeping before they close that down. It's useful to have all the purchase dates and serial numbers in one place. Let's hope that the new site does eventually turn out to be an improvement!

dfaye, yes I agree, please note Connect is asking you to post a proof of purchase when you register an item!

Some of my gear was already there and I registered a few more but it won’t let me register my 1.4 & 2 TCs annoyingly it’s not telling me why!

I went back (when will I ever learn not to fight with wonky websites!) and tried to add to my profile two items that are still within the warranty period (it already had a few items there, including the X-H1 that I registered on FujifilmXWorld last month, but not the 80mm macro that I first registered in January or my X100F that I'd registered late last year). At first it appeared to let me add these two items on the registration page and upload the pdf proof of purchase, but when I hit the green button to enter the new information I got the white screen. And, yes, the info hasn't been registered. I'm assuming this is because these items had already been registered on the old FujifilmXWorld site - but if it's stopping people register newly-bought gear, that's crazy. 

In legal terms, though, I believe the warranty has to be honoured as long as one has valid proof of purchase to prove the gear is within the warranty period, irrespective of whether it has been registered on Fuji's website. It's not as if Fuji are offering anything over and above what the law already provides for.

Edited by dfaye

Well it seems there is a simple answer to this problem. You have to upload a copy of the receipt for your items. I was uploading files that were too big in size. Once i uploaded pdf's of around 200kb the system works. Why they don't tell you there is a maximum...... :angry:

Useful info, Chas; thanks. It does, however, appear to have accepted my pdf files of around 3.2Mb for the items that were already listed and which just needed the images of the receipts to be added. I think I'll give it a few weeks to settle down before I try again to load my two in-warranty items that aren't listed. (And, of course, it may actually be set up to NOT accept items that were already listed on the old FujiilmXWorld site: but it would be nice if they told you...)