Cannot pair camera and phone

Just bought the XH1 but cannot get it to Bluetooth pair with my Oneplus 3t Android 8.0 (Oreo) phone using Camera Remote-> Pairing Registration. Both devices just sit there "searching" and then give up.

BTW, outside of the Camera Remote App, using the phone's Bluetooth settings, the phone does see a device called 1371X-H1-1371 but fails to pair "because of an incorrect PIN or passkey".

I've updated the camera body to firmware Ver.1.01 and installed Camera Remote using the QR code on the back of the camera.

Has anyone got any tips?

kind regards

Julian H J Loaring

Even if you get Bluetooth connection, it really doesn't do anything other than send GPS data to the camera.  You cannot use Bluetooth independent of Wifi for camera control via the app, and you cannot transfer images via Bluetooth (you only mark them for transfer - the actual transfer happens via Wifi).  Auto transfer of images is not conveniently implemented, you actually lose control of the camera in some scenarios. I've played with it for quite a while and never had much success or see any value in it.  So I just turned Bluetooth off and left it off.

In the manual you'll find this at the top of the section on Bluetooth and Wireless connections:   "For more information on wireless connections, visit: http://fujifilm-dsc.com/wifi/"   When you go there you'll see that Bluetooth implementation is still dependent on working in conjunction with Wifi connection.

I will say that all my Fuji cameras (X-T1, T2, and now H-1) have worked flawlessly with the app and Wifi.   No problem at all and very reliable.  It makes me wonder why they even bothered with Bluetooth, unless the big deal was GPS info (which I don't care about).

Rand

• 4 weeks later...