44 replies to this topic

#41 ron777

ron777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)

On first glance, the bag does appear large, however, the illusion is due to its height.  It is only sightly higher than the Billingham 445, and yet it is narrower and less weighty.  Its design allows for the use of any aftermarket carrying strap, which, IMO, is a better solution than those with sewn in straps. And, it falls flat against the body and does not move around, making it a snap to remove items from within and replace them without a struggle.  But, I agree, I would not want to fill the bag, however, the option remains if necessary. That said, considering the much more costly and less functional alternatives, price-wise, nothing even comes close.  And it is supplied with all the inserts/dividers one could ever require.

The strap was taken from a Porta Brace video camera case, and the thick, suede pad is the most comfortable I've found, since it is designed for bags that carry considerably more weight.

Edited by ron777, 12 April 2018 - 03:44 PM.

#42 Him

Him

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:45 PM

Explained like that, sounds a good bag!

Stephen

#43 Him

Him

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:22 PM

I have now ordered a Tap & Dye Hassie strap in black. https://www.tapanddy...-for-hasselblad as the connection point on a Hassie is the same as the GFX.

Stephen

#44 ron777

ron777

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

Looks like a nice strap, similar to the Fotostrap in form and cost.

• Him likes this

#45 Him

Him

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:21 AM

I hope so!

Stephen