Neck strap for Fuji GFX50s

For every good shot of course there were several duds, but I am overall pleased with what I have, many fond memories. The greyhounds were rescue dogs seen at a home in Jersey. They were so friendly and easy to handle.

We have a dog track not far from my location, and the greyhounds rescued from the track—in my experience—have been the most friendly and gentle animals.  Takes them awhile to become acclimated to not living in a cage, but they adjust and seem grateful for a chance live a good life.  They make good photographic subjects.

Ron

Yes I agree with that. The ones I saw were boisterous when a visitor came but 15 mins later as docile as can be and laid out resting....... lovely animals and so friendly looking. I hate the way some of the them are treated.

Arrived a few mins ago, perfect fit! At last my screen is protected.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi Stephan,

Thank you for the photo of the LCD protector.  Does it interfere with the touch screen function of the LCD?

Here are two photos of the Fotostrap for the GFX.  You will notice the Billingham 435 case behind the camera:

Fotostrap 1

Looks good! I don't actually use the touch screen function! But I just now tested it, working perfectly. I hate touch screens normally because of finger marks. However MAS screens seem to have a knack of not collecting finger or any other marks that are not a simple wipe away with a soft dry cloth.

Does the strap at the connection point have any spare space or is it a tight fit? It has a nice piece of padding which is important with leather.

Edited by Him

Hi Stephan,

I will look into the screen protector.

As for the strap, there is just enough space at the insertion point for the strap to be smoothly slipped through.  Otherwise, there is no extra space and it is a perfect fit for the camera.  It does not tend to get all twisted in the case, as was the situation with the Fuji nylon strap.  And the shoulder pad is fairly wide and comfortable.  It isn't cheap, but I'm happy with it.

Edited by ron777

Hi Stephan,

I just came across a dual NP-T125 charger for the GFX-50s.  Thought you might be interested:

Edited by ron777

Hi Stephan,

I just came across a dual NP-T125 charger for the GFX-50s.  Thought you might be interested:

Good heavens I knew someone somewhere would produce this! I have two of the official chargers now .......... But thanks for pointing this out, it should come with the camera at the price.

I agree.  The dual charger sells for almost half of the price of the single device supplied with the camera.  But my guess is that the camera manufacturers make their profit from selling the accessories, rather than the initial camera purchase.  I ordered one of the dual chargers and will let you know how it works once it arrives.

'Pimp one's camera' so to speak! At half the price of one offical one, it would be fantastic to be 'in the box' of the camera. I would view it as a big plus, but no doubt Fuji or any other manufacturer views it as a 'step-too-far'. After camera-sale chargers don't have a great reputation other than being cheap, but they usually come with a free car adaptor too, which is another thing that a camera user finds convenient - if only the camera manufacturer would give up this wholly oldfashioned view that a camera user does not want convenience!

A dual fast charger should be in the box. It makes life a lot easier juggling multi batteries.

Hi Stephan,

Today is the first time that I've had an opportunity to try the dual charger.  It has a high and low charge setting that relates to the speed of charge.  While I've only tried it with one depleted batter, wit the High setting the charge has risen to 90% in 20 minutes—that's really fast. I suspect that it will be slower with two batteries attached, however.

I also received my second Jill-E Jack Messenger bag this afternoon and thought you might like to see how it works with the GFX.  I have the camera sitting nose down in the bag with the 120mm OSS attached, and, believe it or not, there is still room for at least another 6 or so lenses and accessories.  The lenses can sit on either side of the camera in two tiers, left and right.  The strap you'll see attached is not the one that comes with the bag but, rather, a Porta Brace strap that I had in the closet, and it is available as an accessory from Porta Brace. It is heavily padded suede.

Ron

Edited by ron777

On first glance, the bag does appear large, however, the illusion is due to its height.  It is only sightly higher than the Billingham 445, and yet it is narrower and less weighty.  Its design allows for the use of any aftermarket carrying strap, which, IMO, is a better solution than those with sewn in straps. And, it falls flat against the body and does not move around, making it a snap to remove items from within and replace them without a struggle.  But, I agree, I would not want to fill the bag, however, the option remains if necessary. That said, considering the much more costly and less functional alternatives, price-wise, nothing even comes close.  And it is supplied with all the inserts/dividers one could ever require.

The strap was taken from a Porta Brace video camera case, and the thick, suede pad is the most comfortable I've found, since it is designed for bags that carry considerably more weight.

Edited by ron777

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok I have my Tap and Dye Legacy wide Hasselblad strap for my GFX. With this strap I realized that I had to fit the clip locks 50% or so then attach the strap and then push the clip locks fully into place. Once I proceeded like that no problem.

The strap was packed beautifully, is of excellent build quality and materials.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I use the Op/Tech Dual Harness, which is modestly priced and easily enables me to carry two camera, one of them a large Medium Format analogue camera, for hours without discomfort.

I review the harness as used with the Pentacon Six here: http://pentaconsix.com/p6straps.htm

I have now added the Op/Tech straps to my GFX 50S, threading the straps through the clips that are supplied with the camera, and this works very well.

The Op/Tech Super Pro B connectors look very similar to the strap holders that come with the camera, but perhaps a few millimetres narrower, but I have not yet tested their fit on the GFX 50S.  The connectors are reviewed here: http://pentaconsix.com/probcon.htm  You may wish to try the connectors in a shop (once we are allowed to go back into shops!) before buying them, but the original Fuji connectors work fine with the Op/Tech webbed straps, even though the slot is a little wider than needed for the Op/Tech straps.