Hello Fuji fans and also, X-Pro series lovers,
I am really interested in the future X-Pro3, as I had the X-Pro1 and now I happily use the X-Pro2. We all have specific reasons to love the X-Pro series and I think the X-Pro3 would be an interesting topic to discuss, too.
Looking at the launching dates of X-Pro1 and X-Pro2, compared to the dates when X-T1 and X-T2 were launched, I hoped I could see a pattern in Fujifilm's calendar; where X-Pro series presents us technical improvements that will follow on the X-T series. But with the rumoured X-T3 launching date for September 2018 and no consistent info on the upcoming X-Pro3, this pattern isn't valid any longer. We'll have, this time, the X-T3 before the X-Pro3, that we almost know nothing about. It seems the market trends and the competition can dictate changes in the calendar pattern I was talking about.
I invite you to share your impressions on the X-Pro3; what would you like to see on this future model, when do you think it will be announced?
So far, I could only speculate that X-Pro3 will get the improvements that are rumoured to be implemented within X-T3:
1. New X PRO Processor. A new, faster, one, or we could speculate the presence of 2 X Pro Processors, to cope with the new performance requirements;
2. New software, with improved AF and better noise reduction - what we see inside the X-H1;
3. New X-Trans sensor, as rumoured, with a resolution over 24 MP, but less than 30 MP. A 28 MP resolution could make sense, in order to get resolution improvements, but still not sacrificing low-light performance and not putting too much strain on the processor(s);
4. Some new aspects, like ETERNA, (plus the improved AF and noise reduction I was mentioning above) and maybe video improvements (that I don't find particularly necessary, especially when we have X-H1 for that and even the improved X-T2);
5. A better build body with more scratch resistant cover, better weather sealing and with a more resistant magnesium alloy chassis, as the X-H1 is over the X-T2; with 25% improved resistance.
What I also would like to see is:
A. A better battery, or battery life - as this is also a very important aspect and with increased performance, may also come an increased energy consumption.
B. A larger viewfinder - at least at the eye exit level, with a better refresh rate for the electronic viewfinder.
C. Some button reconfiguration - if necessary, or an extra Fn button, for better accessibility.
I don't have a long list of requests, as I am happy with my X-Pro2, but I think I have covered important aspects that we could (and we would like to) see in the upcoming X-Pro3.
I invite you to share with us your ideas and comments.
May the Light be with you! Best regards,
Edited by duncansebastian, 27 March 2018 - 12:37 PM.