NEW XF23mm f1.4 WR mark ii Lens - Please

tractorboyx

I would like to start the campaign for a new XF23mm f1.4 WR lens.

The original 23mm is my most used lens, by a mile. But I seem to have managed to damage it with rain and snow, while shooting on the south coast this last week. It now has a watermark across one of the internal elements.

While I understand there is the f2.0 WR version, in my opinion it is not as good as the f1.4.

So Fuji, please could you update this excellent lens to include weather resistance

I’d gradually update all the lenses to WR and the latest focussing if I were Fuji.

That said, I probably wouldn’t buy a new 23mm f1.4. I used to have the current one but I sold it when the 23mm f2 came out. The size, weight and focussing speed of the f2 make it a joy to use. You can slip it on your camera and forget about it, and you don’t look conspicuous or put people on their guard if you use it at social events or on the street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still stand by my comment about the f2.0 lens.

Fuji have built a fantastic reputation with its original glass, that I can not understand its fixation with the new f2's, other than showing up a design flaw with the X-Pro's.

The 14/23/56mm etc lens are by no means, that big or heavy, or that slow to focus,  just needing a little tweak here and there.