Explaining menu items

I just got my X-H1 and love it.  However, there are some things I can't figure out.  In the sub monitor, there are letters on the left, EL and AFL.  They seem to refer to movie and still mode, but what do they stand for?  

Under Mount Adapter Setting, how do you access the 3 grayed-out choices?

Hi cale 33, EL and AFL show up in the sub-monitor if you have engaged (respectively) exposure lock and auto-focus lock, either by half-pressing the shutter or by pressing the AE-L or AF-ON buttons. As to the greyed out choices under Mount Adapter Setting, I'm assuming they only get activated if you're using the Fuji mount adapter or another with electronic connections, but I don't have an adapter to test this. When I attach my Samyang lenses the settings remain greyed-out. Maybe someone else can help here?

Thank you, Rand47.  You can change the big numbers in the submenu, but not those little ones.  I tried turning off the exposure lock but it made no difference.  Odd is that they show those letters in the drawing of the submenu in the manual but don't tell what they are.  And the grayed-out menus are in the book but it says nothing about how to access them.

I'm still hoping that someone will make a chart of the Fuji menus.  "This is grayed-out because the xx is on or off."  Just my fantasy.

Thank you, Rand47.  You can change the big numbers in the submenu, but not those little ones.  I tried turning off the exposure lock but it made no difference.  Odd is that they show those letters in the drawing of the submenu in the manual but don't tell what they are.  And the grayed-out menus are in the book but it says nothing about how to access them.

I'm still hoping that someone will make a chart of the Fuji menus.  "This is grayed-out because the xx is on or off."  Just my fantasy.

Yes, you must have some option enabled that keeps you from being able to reconfigure. I have all of mine reconfigured, so I know it is possible.

Rand

• 10 months later...

you need the fuji m mount adapter, as stated in the manual  (p 129 : adapt settings for lenses with M-mount connected with optional Fujifilm M Mount Adapter). (understand : type (Leica) M-Mount lenses)

better read here : 

https://fujilove.com/fujifilm-m-mount-adapter-whats-the-point/

or view this

The adapter itself has a function button to set the menu correctly (cannot (yet) be done with none electronic third adapters)

as for the sub monitor : EL and AFL are two items that cannot be changed / the other 8 items can (4 text + 4 pict) / however, I don't understand how you can set your camera to operate with the EL constantly showing. This only comes on, when exposure lock is activated, and will be shown (because it matters) on all 3 monitors  (not just sub monitor)

Edited by Nikonix